+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury Town Post Match Thoughts

Shrewsbury Town Post Match Thoughts

After seeing what happened a couple of weeks ago I think many feared what happened today would happen, and it did. Wrong team selection, bad sending off, or just a team that like Fleetwood simply had our measure? A three week rest now from league play to mend some tired bodies but perhaps more importantly mend some tired minds before what no doubt will be a very taxing and very tiring April. It's still in our own hands and there's still 15% of the season left to finish off what we've started.

Thoughts on today?

It's been on the cards. Throwing it away

Tired bodies are easy to address over this time period

The seeming loss of self belief and psychological fragility are a different matter and playing with this level of underlying anxiety could lead to a collapse in form. How we perform over a full 90 minutes, including dealing with setbacks will tell us quickly whether we'll bounce back or spend another season in L1 - I'd fear for us in the Championship on recent showing

Thrown away by a ridiculous team selection. Everybody could see the obvious thing to do, start with our best XI and get more points on the board. Why leave Wood, Ogbene, Miller, Harding... on the bench. So they could rest before the 2 week break? Mcdonald has been poor since he came back, why start him? Warne has blown the title and put automatic promotion in serious jeopardy. Naive.

I am at a loss to what the plan was 2nd half.Make no mistake about it,we would have lost with 11 men.Tired,dejected,low in confidence,no energy,beaten and generally feeling sorry for ourselves.All those qualities take some achieving with a team that has been top of the league for months but somehow we have.I think Warne needs to think about his media persona because talking up every opposition to the ability of Bayern and lamenting tiredness and schedules doesn't seem to be working because it is translating onto the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Thrown away by a ridiculous team selection. Everybody could see the obvious thing to do, start with our best XI and get more points on the board. Why leave Wood, Ogbene, Miller, Harding... on the bench. So they could rest before the 2 week break? Mcdonald has been poor since he came back, why start him? Warne has blown the title and put automatic promotion in serious jeopardy. Naive.
    I have to agree with every word......when I saw the team my immediate thought was ''it's as if Warne thinks we have a game on Tuesday!'' Simply baffling.

The management team’s negativity is the cause of our recent performances. Poor team selection today, pick your best team and try and get the game won!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I am at a loss to what the plan was 2nd half.Make no mistake about it,we would have lost with 11 men.Tired,dejected,low in confidence,no energy,beaten and generally feeling sorry for ourselves.All those qualities take some achieving with a team that has been top of the league for months but somehow we have.I think Warne needs to think about his media persona because talking up every opposition to the ability of Bayern and lamenting tiredness and schedules doesn't seem to be working because it is translating onto the pitch.
    Oh, Jimmy. Well spotted and well said. I have been saying it for years. I know weakness when I see it. Warne bigged up Morecambe ffs and they should have beaten us but since then they have been spanked and conceded 12 goals in 3 games. The guy is an idiot. Sorry but he is. You don't win leagues by telling your players every frigging club we play are Real Madrid or Bayern. And the crazy team selections are beyond belief.

Got what we deserved even allowing for the sending off.
    Second best all afternoon.
    Capitulation at its best.
    Poor first team starting eleven.

Credit to Shrewsbury did a good job on us.

Give credit where it’s due, they are are good side and outplayed us before the sending off ..no complaints

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast