+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury Town Post Match Thoughts

Well at the time you think it’s bad…..then you look at league table and you think actually..…

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I agree with that Phill.To not play Harding is ridiculous and such a waste of a good player.I fully expected to see a back three of Ickie Reg and Harding.Angus is way off the mark and before he was sent off he could have had a card through his bad timing and not being fully tuned up.We are still top but we must use the players we have, in a much better formation to win the matches we need.

Said after tues Edmunds Green Ihiekwe Harding should be 1st choice back 3. But Warney he's trying to keep everyone happy but starting side got to be selected on merit. Anyone see him in sun newspaper yesterday?After yesterday he'll be taking dog out for walkies all this morning!

Things are panning out as I expected. Despite what some posters say it is not what I hoped for. I wanted us champions. People see the strengths of Warne but are blind to his weaknesses. Mental strength under pressure cannot be taught; you have it or you don't. We will always fall short.

I think fans have a nerve calling players and staff bottlers, considering our performance yesterday. Walking out on the team after the second goal. The team needed help and encouragement, but the fans are only interested in a winning team. I get people were disappointed, bet the players were gutted.
    We were never going to carry on like we were. The squad is small, we've had injuries to ***** players, and this continuous Saturday -Tuesday playing has left us running on empty.
    We have one fit striker out of four. It's a miracle we've got the number of points we have. We have a part to play in this as supporters, or are we there just to wave our scarves when we win?

I didn't walk out. The only time I left a Millers game early was against Bolton in an FA Cup replay around 1970. I never boo. I stand by my comments regarding mental fragility. We have played no more and got no more injuries than our rivals who are now hitting their stride. The striker problem was a direct result of the club's decisions in January. Tilt continues to give MOM performances for Wigan.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    I The squad is small, we've had injuries to ***** players, and this continuous Saturday -Tuesday playing has left us running on
    Tinpot trophy?

When a player ie Ferguson goes hunting for the ball like he did in the second half, to me he was either trying to encourage his teammates to do the same or saying to the management team your game plan is not working.
    Please Mr Warne can you pick the best eleven you have available and let them play for all of the game, just like we’re doing before Christmas.

Deliberately didn’t post last night too wound up.

We all know Warne got it wrong yesterday it didn’t make sense resting players when we don’t have a game for 2 weeks. I think the debate about JJ is clear he’s not good enough for this level.
    The sending off was harsh but you could see it coming with McDonald he’s rash and looks like he plays on the edge.
    The worst thing apart from team selection was just hoofing it forward to Smith with 10 men and then to see Warne applauding it is just criminal.

That said Warne has got to have a good look at how we play now because they are his tactics. I still feel we can do this yes we have tough games coming up we need 4 wins I think that will be enough.
    Warne is the right man for the job he needs a couple of days off like they all do get them back in and go again.
    Yes he struggles under pressure I’ve had my say on that. Let’s just get behind them at Wembley and kick on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Tinpot trophy?
    IBS, I know you think our involvement is key to what's happening but with respect it isn't. Wigan played in it. The real reasons are decisions by the manager and the club. The striker situation was predictable. A club vying to win a league does not bring in a player in January who apparently is "one for the future". The loan of Tutu was crazy. Not the player needed. Letting Tilt go to Wigan was crazy.

Hindsight’s wonderful if you know what’s ahead of you, thing is none of us do. Who could foresee Grigg out for 12 weeks? Ladapo causing upset with a transfer request then out for 4 weeks with a quad tear at such a crucial time of the season? Kelly being more injured than we knew?

Onto what we do know. Kayode for all his heart and endeavour, simply ain’t our answer to our Centre forward line just yet. Big game yesterday but never got a look in.

Ogbene and Miller didn’t start yesterday because our physio told Warne if you start them they risk Hamstring injury. This is where Warne should have stood tall and played them Ala Warnock style over Frecklington.

Oggy gets a full second half and now he’s been called up for International duty so no rest for him. There comes a time when a Manager should stand tall and proud and make those key decisions and play his best starting 11 but, where was that Manager yesterday?

January transfer window? Same old Rotherham always the Scrooge of the league? Hindsight, it’s a bugger ain’t it.
    Last edited by Brin; 20-03-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast