+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest vs. Liverpool question...

O/T:- Forest vs. Liverpool question...

Apologies if this is common knowledge but I don't usually take much interest in our illustrious younger brother across the Trent. My question is, does anyone know why their fans keep singing the old Paul McCartney & Wings song 'Mull of Kintyre'? Does it hold some significance for them?

Wasn't it in the charts at the same time they were winning those County cups?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Wasn't it in the charts at the same time they were winning those County cups?
    According to the "Red Rag" NEP that is indeed the case.

That's the 2nd game this season that their fans have got behind them, Derby the other game

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    That explains it. I know some think the Wheelbarrow song is weird, but I often wondered why they seemed to worship a mullocking tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post

Anyone actually watch the game? Florist had 3 good chances pool had 2. Pool won 1-0. I did allow myself a little chortle even though they were good enough to loan us the Arterful Dodger.

Have to admit to watching some of the first half.

I thought Liverpools starting line up gave Florist every chance.Think they got away with that one but didn't watch the second half.

I watched about half of the game, they had chances but one of the best was when Agent Yates deliberately directed his header into the keeper's arms. Good lad.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I watched about half of the game, they had chances but one of the best was when Agent Yates deliberately directed his header into the keeper's arms. Good lad.
    Zinkernigal? Missed a sitter much easier than Yates effort

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Anyone actually watch the game? Florist had 3 good chances pool had 2. Pool won 1-0. I did allow myself a little chortle even though they were good enough to loan us the Arterful Dodger.
    With medication I managed to watch all of it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast