+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on Jesse M so far?

thoughts on Jesse M so far?

Still early days and needs time so we can see what his style of football produces on the pitch both after the players understand it and when better players back fit but ….

Whilst so don’t think MB should have gone I quite like him and he speaks well in front of the media - praising the players, not avoiding questions and where things go wrong taking it on his own shoulders.

He seems to enjoy what he is doing too and the players seem to be having fun.

Hard gig to take over from Bielsa but done a decent job so far.

Comes across as a decent guy, certainly looks like he has made a good impression at the club.
    Former players are speaking very highly of him.
    Reports are saying he will be looking at a quality striker next season and a left back.
    Arnasson is a target, so it looks he is identifying quickly what we need.
    Bamford Gelherdt plus another striker looks potent. Certainly we will see a change, but he does play on the front foot.
    If we stay up which looks good for that at the moment, that can change quickly.
    We may have a decent bloke.

Think he was a brilliant hire for the situation. Likely will keep us up. That's no small feat given how we were playing a month ago. Think he's also going to save Raph which means we could get huge bucks for him off season. A month ago that was not the case. If Phillips stays he'll be part of that. Harrison, Dallas, Ayling and Rodrigo are re invigorated.

Following a legend is one of the toughest things to do in sports. He seems to have done it. So glad we didn't go the big sam, bruce or pulis route.

Am a little worried about next season. We seem fixated on getting yanks. Don't understand the obsession on aaronson. More like harrison than a phillips level player. as we know the hard way. Limiting yourself to one style of play or one feeder system such as the US is not a recipe for long term success in the prem.

I've seen MLS and the national team. They are not prem quality.

Bit of a clown but he's ok

Seems Aaronson has done his MCL so may not be signing him now. Orta seems to have come out and said we will still be running a slim squad next year 🕍🙉🙈👀😳 - I assume he wasn’t purely talking about how heavy the players will be!

If we running a " slim squad " again next season, perhaps we should up the Duchess of Cambridge - she appears to be pretty special at almost
    everything.

Just saw the Orta explanation this week on you tube.

The squad will be 18 first team players plus 4 from the u23.

Fine but those 18 need to be decent quality.

Asssuming the 18 is currently

Meslier
    Ayling
    Firpo ?
    Cooper
    Struijk
    Llorente
    Shackleton ?
    Koch
    Dallas
    Klich ?
    Phillips
    Foreshaw
    Harrison
    James
    Rodrigo
    Rapha
    Roberts ?
    Bamford

4 from u23

Gelhardt
    Klaesson
    Creaswell
    Hjelde

That means we have been light in the first team all season and some of the 18 some might say are not of adequate qualit if the squad is that thin.

Means without outgoings no one is coming in I guess! .

Who knows too early to tell but let's not get carried on with 2 performances let's wait for a couple more games to see where we are at.
    Anyway, I think he will be here longer than I as I suffered another heart attack on Weds so odds are much in his favour.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Seems Aaronson has done his MCL so may not be signing him now. Orta seems to have come out and said we will still be running a slim squad next year 🕍🙉🙈👀😳 - I assume he wasn’t purely talking about how heavy the players will be!
    Slightly unusual injury to pick up as a football player. Usually pick up the opposite - LCL which is thinner and and looks more like a rope, and if injured is far worse. Apparently will only be out 2-4 weeks. Wont need surgery.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...th-mcl-injury/

Brenden Aaronson is known around where I live as the Medford Messi. I live about 12 mins from where he grew up. His younger brother Paxton apparently is even better technically, but Brenden does one thing better than his brother. He scores.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Who knows too early to tell but let's not get carried on with 2 performances let's wait for a couple more games to see where we are at.
    Anyway, I think he will be here longer than I as I suffered another heart attack on Weds so odds are much in his favour.
    Yikes!

Get well soon Oz!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)