+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: what we've become...

what we've become...

or....where we are and where we're going.

I think people are tiring of Facebook, it was a useful tool, now it's an annoyance. Not sure of the other platforms as I don't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I think people are tiring of Facebook, it was a useful tool, now it's an annoyance. Not sure of the other platforms as I don't use them.
    I never used it...Kriti, and aren't on any of the others either, no twitter, watsapp, instagram, tik-tok blah blah ....and dont even use any apps on my phone, just texts and calls....but even so, I keep getting calls and messages from the phone network asking me if i'd like more data, why ?...I dont even use my monthly allowance....it's all about them trying to get us hooked in, then tied to a contract - Phuck them, No thanks !

Watching that video Norder the everyday resonance is worrying to say the least.

We were in our favourite Indian restaurant on Wednesday night and four women who shall we say were not young, were constantly using their mobile phones, taking selfies and photoing plates of food.

Guilty as charged I’m afraid Norder. Whilst I eschew Twitter, Instagram and TikTok my grubby fingerprints are all over Facebook and WhatsApp.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    I keep getting calls and messages from the phone network asking me if i'd like more data, why ?...I dont even use my monthly allowance...
    I switched from EE to giffgaff over a year ago and saved £2 a month and the only message they sent me was to advise switching to a cheaper "goodybag" as I wasn't using enough of my data so now I save £4 a month and still get a better service than from EE.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Guilty as charged I’m afraid Norder. Whilst I eschew Twitter, Instagram and TikTok my grubby fingerprints are all over Facebook and WhatsApp.
    Ah, "eschew", I've not heard or read that word for awhile (is it being eschewed?). I did mistakenly think I heard it but the guy was just sneezing. Bless you outwood.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Ah, "eschew", I've not heard or read that word for awhile (is it being eschewed?). I did mistakenly think I heard it but the guy was just sneezing. Bless you outwood.
    I enjoy being "Victor".I don't have a mobile phone and hence no social media.I accept that my wife and myself are finding life ever more difficult but I'm enjoying the battle with my friends and God knows how many institutions etc.Neither I or my wife wish to be available to be contacted 24 hours a day 7 days a week,stuff em.

yep, the worlds gone digi mad....and with everything relying on it, on electricity, switch it off, and what happens...what happens if all the databases get wiped, such as whats known as the banking core, where all the numbers are kept....oops

so unless you trust the system, without reservation... better to have a backup plan , I thinks.... .

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I enjoy being "Victor".I don't have a mobile phone and hence no social media.I accept that my wife and myself are finding life ever more difficult but I'm enjoying the battle with my friends and God knows how many institutions etc.Neither I or my wife wish to be available to be contacted 24 hours a day 7 days a week,stuff em.
    Kudos to you...barrie, but the idea is to get the majority of people digitally reliant, that way they (World Economic Forum etc) can move on with the plan - the next big step - digital identity - to link us all into the system....where all our movements / data interactions etc will build our digital profile....and that means, if it's decided that something is bad or wrong, even if looking for both sides of the story rather than whats being fed to you...then that, could be used against us, you become the pariah person - and how long would it be before information oustide of the mainstream narrative was restricted from the offse...so that all we received was created to inluence and weaken us for the benefit of the few who govern, unchallenged.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)