+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Update

New Stadium Update

Might as well have not bothered.

Smoke and mirrors all pointing toward a planned FPS exit.

Fans wanted communication.fans got communication. Nobody said they wanted quality communication.and we did learn St John's has a pool......

Linda thinks he's doing a grand job.....his mate WGS thinks he's doing a grand job.....they both think each other is doing a grand job......grand.

The ground at Camperdown was bought four years ago, but they have never applied for planning permission.

Reminds me of the time when Gellatly, the chairman of Dundee FC, spent over £20,000 pounds on plans for an all seater stadium for
    Dens Park, long before the old firm had even thought of it, again ,it came to nothing, promises promises !

I find it strange that Nelms did not set up a press conference to announce the Legoland design of the new stadium development at Camperdown instead of just posting it on the club website.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    The ground at Camperdown was bought four years ago, but they have never applied for planning permission.

Reminds me of the time when Gellatly, the chairman of Dundee FC, spent over £20,000 pounds on plans for an all seater stadium for
    Dens Park, long before the old firm had even thought of it, again ,it came to nothing, promises promises !
    Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited (DBPH) purchased the ground at Camperdown on or before 12th July 2016.
    I enclose the list of Standard Securities previously held by Vico Camperdown Limited who are now called Castle Street (Dumbarton) Developments Limited. https://find-and-update.company-info...225203/charges
    According to the DBPH annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2017
    Item 4 - Investments
    Valuation:
    Additions at cost £1,296,158.
    I enclose the DBPH Filing History from the Companies House website for your information. https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history
    The Directors of DBPH got a bargain when they purchased the 29.7 acres of ground at Camperdown north of the Kingsway as Vico Camperdown Limited had it listed in their annual accounts at £1,500,000!

I think we are getting what we asked for about the stadium. For those who don't want to move nothing John Nelms can say will ever be enough to persuade them that this is a good plan.
    My view is that other stadia seem to be able to generate additional income for their football clubs and at the very beginning of the discussion about building a stadium it appeared that Dens Park was limited for quality function space and decent carparking. I don't think anything has happened to make Dens an attractive proposition for an upgrade and I am unaware of any discussions taking place about a possible upgrade for Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think we are getting what we asked for about the stadium. For those who don't want to move nothing John Nelms can say will ever be enough to persuade them that this is a good plan.
    My view is that other stadia seem to be able to generate additional income for their football clubs and at the very beginning of the discussion about building a stadium it appeared that Dens Park was limited for quality function space and decent carparking. I don't think anything has happened to make Dens an attractive proposition for an upgrade and I am unaware of any discussions taking place about a possible upgrade for Dens.
    Other stadia seem to be able to generate additional income for their football clubs providing it is properly marketed and advertised. These football clubs have to own their own stadium which will not happen at Campy Nou. DBPH will own the new stadium and Dundee Football Club will be in the same position as they are at present.
    They will still not own their football stadium and they will likely have a lease paying an annual rent plus being responsible for any repairs and improvements.
    In my opinion the lounges at Dens Park could be open to the public for lunches and hired out to interested groups both during the day and in the evening.
    There is plenty of free on street parking in the streets around Den Park including Sandeman Street apart from Match Days when Sandeman Street is closed off beside Dens Park.
    The ground behind the Bobby Cox Stand could be used for off street parking for people attending functions in the Dens Park lounges or bar lunches.
    Nothing is impossible unless FPS are determined to close down Dens Park as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I find it strange that Nelms did not set up a press conference to announce the Legoland design of the new stadium development at Camperdown instead of just posting it on the club website.
    That would leave him open to questions that he has no answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    That would leave him open to questions that he has no answer to.
    I agree with you.
    However John Nelms is the Managing Director and if he does not have the answer to any question he should ask his fellow directors for help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)