+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Booing of Harry Maguire

The Booing of Harry Maguire

Justified or not? Gareth says it’s a joke. I would never boo a Burnley player and never booed an England player when I watched them but that was back in the late 70’s early 80’s when footballers didn’t have multi-million salaries and lavish lifestyles. These days they are seemingly quite happy to play for dodgy owners and yet take the knee to show their opposition to all forms of social injustice. With a history of tax avoidance and well documented cases of s*xual exploitation and abuse you might consider that is a bit rich (pun intended). Is it simply a case of some England fans at Wembley not liking Manchester United and just picking on Maguire when he has been in poor form for his club.

I don't hold with booing your own players, especially not before a match, it could put a player off his game which would be stupid. I didn't agree with Maguire's selection but as he is playing it's a fait accompli so get behind the team. Booing one player can also unsettle others.

"Do you know who I am?" he asked when arrested by Greek police. "Knobhead" I replied.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "Do you know who I am?" he asked when arrested by Greek police. "Knobhead" I replied.
    The poor lad obviously had a bout of amnesia and should be pitied not scorned.

He's an arrogant cnut and plays for the most hated team in the world the Muncs.. BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    He's an arrogant cnut and plays for the most hated team in the world the Muncs.. BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO.
    alf--- you could have also added that he is a Yorkshireman!

Just about sums him up Ashy.lol

are they just booing him....or the Game, the state they've made it !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

are they just booing him....or the Game, the state they've made it !

“The Booing of Harry Maguire”. Could almost be the title of a crime novel to be found on an obscure shelf in my local library alongside the Gareth Southgate Book of Jokes. It is tempting to say fans are booing the Grotesque that the Game has been changed into through some hideous metamorphosis but I suspect in reality they are just booing the selection or the player or Manchester United or a combination thereof.

Over the last four seasons Tarkowski has been constantly overlooked in favour of Mings and Maguire et al. Southgate's the joke not Maguire.

It's never a player's fault if the manager picks him. Boo the manager not the player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)