+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapha - gone?

Rapha - gone?

Lot of media articles that Leeds have set a price of about £62m and Rapha has agreed terms with Barca if the clubs can agree the fee.

Big chunk of cash for him

I know we've not always done well on the high priced talent selection. However, you have to take 62 million and spend the money wisely. Maybe even use to to keep KP, Meslier and some of the young talent in the U-23s. Rodrigo looks re invigorated and even some of the others look the same.

after seeing what Villa did with the grealish money you hope we can follow the same model. Marsch looks willing to play some of the youth. Let's just hope we can encourage them enough to stay. Hope they keep Drameh and Summervile but those might be too far gone.

Would rather he went abroad than to another Premier team

Heads been turned by his cnut of an agent - get shut soon as possible for the best price just don't sell him to English club.

Suprise Suprise what's the point of signing contracts? Signed till 24 for us think same ad Phillips but can get a new contract with another club what a lot of BS clubs are at the mercy of these missionaries. The only protection I suppose is they have to get a fee but even then if a player wants to go they have no choice but to accept whatever.
    Same as selling homes here in au. My house has gone to none conditional which means it's sold and I have been given a settlement date of 10th of May. That means all the money will be transferred then and I have to be out of the house. Now the problem is I get the money then but how am I supposed to find my new place the same day and move in as I don't have any money for the new place. I already lost two places I wanted due to the contract being dragged on for 3 months as they wanted 2 extra extensions after the second I said to the lawyer that is they have till Friday to finalize otherwise I'll put it back on the market and guess what Friday they settled lol. Everything is so fed up and football is no different.

There is going to be a whole lot of money floating around this summer. Huge TV contract. Will be nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    There is going to be a whole lot of money floating around this summer. Huge TV contract. Will be nuts.
    If we lose the CAS case I wonder if the ghost of Jean Kevin Augustin will count as one of the 18 first team players 😆😆🤣.

More seriously if we get 62m for Rapha that should fund at least 2 and possibly 3 prem quality replacements .

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Not if we're in the Championship, at least not "nuts" in a good way.

Just on this topic back in the day if a player was under contract and wanted to live by agreeing on terms with another club the current team would not play them as what would the point have been and let them rot till they move on.
    Why are we even considering playing him again where is the moral in that if I was the player I do not want to be with this club, Why would I play now as I'm not interested and his form has shown that?
    F Me he would not play for a decent man shows his true character f him off no matter how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Just on this topic back in the day if a player was under contract and wanted to live by agreeing on terms with another club the current team would not play them as what would the point have been and let them rot till they move on.
    Why are we even considering playing him again where is the moral in that if I was the player I do not want to be with this club, Why would I play now as I'm not interested and his form has shown that?
    F Me he would not play for a decent man shows his true character f him off no matter how good he is.
    I have a degree of sympathy with Rapha - he is one of the two best players - the coach he looked up to has gone, the chances of us playing in Europe in the next few years and at best slim, the club has supposedly agreed a fee with Barca, we are going to play a thin squad for the foreseeable, he is becoming an international star, Barca has a particular draw for Brazilian flair players and his agent will have been in his ear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)