+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aston Villa -Wolves How I saw it.

Aston Villa -Wolves How I saw it.

On a cold but bright afternoon Villa started well, knocking the ball about with confidence. But as we gained possession in the centre of the pitch their defence began to panic, two slips on the pristine turf, two shots blocked and then Otto , doing a Doherty, blasted his second goal in two games into the roof of the net.

We were well on top but a lengthy stoppage allowed Villa to talk and regroup. Donk was really getting about the pitch, disrupting the opposition and Moutinho was displaying yet another masterclass in mid field. After two near full games for Portugal, and travel, how does the man do it. I was fortunate to see Broadbent and Knowles but this guy is up there with them, what a professional for the young lads to learn from. We must keep him at the club.

We were hurting Villa on the break and it was no surprise that we scored a second. It was a surprise that we didn't score more. Without being too critical, we really need to start putting sides away when we are on top. I don't think my blood pressure can stand many more games when sides are pushing in the last ten minutes.

Marcel often criticised by many, was doing well and won numerous throw inns by clever play, and Kilman , on the left was as imperious as ever. Silver has certainly toughened up and showed a good turn of speed and strength to out run and out muscle Mings. He was also unlucky not to score when the Villa keeper pulled of a worldy save late in the second half.

I had a rant about referees after the Leeds game but today we witnessed another inept display by the man in black. Having watched the penalty incident several times , about twelve, in fact, how that can be construed as a penalty is beyond me. Against Leeds Raul gets sent of for a fifty fifty collision with their keeper, but this week the Villa player clearly clatters into Sa and a penalty is awarded.

It all made for a nerve shredding final few minutes, but our players celebrations at the end were waiting for.

A sad footnote to this local derby was the fact that Villa fans kicked of on the train from Wolvo to Brum and the line was closed and other trains delayed for several hours. It's a game of football ffs not World war three!!!!

Mind the Gap.
    Last edited by abbobrom; 03-04-2022 at 11:06 AM.

I posted My U Tube clip on the referees thread, it's an age thing before Woody comments !!!

Spot on George

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)