+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Free to enter Grand National Sweepstake

I've ended up getting a little carried away with Bet365s enticing and generous offer so hoping either Cam, Wedgie, Pies4u or Steve E wins the free bet

Good luck everyone and enjoy the race.

Thank you for organising this Elite. I know f**k all about horse racing and don’t bet but looking at the odds for my 2 horses I am relatively pleased I seem to have a chance. Or two chances as I was lucky enough to get in early.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I've ended up getting a little carried away with Bet365s enticing and generous offer.
    If that's the 'money back on the each way part of single bets' it's more than enticing and generous, it's an absolute no brainer! It means you get a £5 each way bet for £5 rather than the usual £10. Double the odds or half the stake! The limit is a very generous £125, so I've told the family to do their bets through me rather than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I thought I'd give this another go and the rules are simple, with the winner getting a free £10 bet on anything they want. Just register your interest and you will be allocated a horse for the big race at 5:15pm on Saturday on a first come first served basis. There should be 40 runners, so if only 10 people enter you will get 4 horses each. There is no draw, the first person to enter gets number one when final declarations are made on Thursday, the second number two and so on. The earlier you enter the more chance you have of getting more than one horse, and it's worth mentioning that the previous two winners won it with their second horse. The two main rules are that this is open to absolutely anyone who posts on here or reads this, the only person not allowed to enter is me. Secondly, you must select the £10 free bet yourself. I will find the best odds I can from the eight bookies I have accounts with, and you can make your bet public on here or private through the PM thing. There's nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain, so have a go. If you are against gambling or horse racing in general, please feel free to make your thoughts known on a separate thread, this one is just for the sweepstake.
    Thanks for organising this entertaning competition .
    Living in France I am unable to use English based bookies and the French PMU do not offer deals on the grand national . I guess I will have to offer my horse to someone who can take advantage of a generous bookie?

If that's the 'money back on the each way part of single bets' it's more than enticing and generous, it's an absolute no brainer! It means you get a £5 each way bet for £5 rather than the usual £10. Double the odds or half the stake! The limit is a very generous £125, so I've told the family to do their bets through me rather than anywhere else.
    I have that duty with my family each and every year. It's a great offer and as I'm sure you know they've done it for years now. Along with the wife we've now got 8 runners with decent stakes in the race all about big prices!

Hoping one of the favourites doesn't win or I get 2 in top 6. Whatever happens I have always absolutely loved the race and used to be a little annoyed when a Notts home game clashed with it before they rightly moved the start time.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That's a neat bonus EP. Happy with those two hosses too, especially Snow Leopardess. Fingers crossed.
    If one won you could quote possibly attend Meadow Lane to collect your free prize ? Crazy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Thanks for organising this entertaning competition .
    Living in France I am unable to use English based bookies and the French PMU do not offer deals on the grand national . I guess I will have to offer my horse to someone who can take advantage of a generous bookie?
    Not really. If you win, I put the bet on anything you want and if you win again I send the profits to you, and that can be via bank transfer, PayPal, or even a good old fashioned postal cheque!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Whatever happens I have always absolutely loved the race and used to be a little annoyed when a Notts home game clashed with it before they rightly moved the start time.
    To be honest, on a personal level for both watching and betting I will be more interested in the graded races than the Grand National tomorrow. It is however a race that attracts interest from people who don't usually bet, so I can't ignore it. My bets will be taking advantage of the offers available, and a few fun bet combination forecasts to a £1 stake. I once got very lucky on the latter.

Not really. If you win, I put the bet on anything you want and if you win again I send the profits to you, and that can be via bank transfer, PayPal, or even a good old fashioned postal cheque!
    Oh right sorry. i thought I had to organise the free £10 bet with the bookmaker myself because therein would lie the cross border problem. So
    I rescind my offer to give away my horse ..thanks for the explanation

To be honest, on a personal level for both watching and betting I will be more interested in the graded races than the Grand National tomorrow. It is however a race that attracts interest from people who don't usually bet, so I can't ignore it. My bets will be taking advantage of the offers available, and a few fun bet combination forecasts to a £1 stake. I once got very lucky on the latter.
    I just like the unique spectacle of 40 horses running to the first and approaching canal turn.

Any tips for the graded races beforehand?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast