+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last chance saloon.tonight

I will be there also Tuesday and Saturday. To be honest , the last few seasons have been a hard watch . Opponents seem to be that bit more well drilled, determined and quicker than us in the main.. Maybe the size of club we are now would be better suited to League 1 now it hurts to say

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Maybe the size of club we are now would be better suited to League 1 now it hurts to say
    Under the current regime definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Under the current regime definitely.
    Facts are the current regime are actually keeping us afloat

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Keeping us afloat while destroying the club at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I will be there also Tuesday and Saturday. To be honest , the last few seasons have been a hard watch . Opponents seem to be that bit more well drilled, determined and quicker than us in the main.. Maybe the size of club we are now would be better suited to League 1 now it hurts to say
    You are probably correct Hammer that our current status is devo not the Championship plus the lower league looks a far better one than when we won it in a canter so it will not be easy. I never thought that Jack Hamilton on loan at Palmy a few seasons ago would score two of the goals that hastens our imminent relegation - the only way is up as the song goes.

and thats all there doing ,keeping us afloat just aint good enough to get the town back onside again ,this regime need to move aside and put the club up for new ownership and the shareholders have to appoint one of the potential bidders one that has the clout to move the club forward and inturn generate interest in the club from the dumfries public ,queens are on a downward spiral and if thay dont act fast it wont end up at league 1 ,it could get much worse .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    and thats all there doing ,keeping us afloat just aint good enough to get the town back onside again ,this regime need to move aside and put the club up for new ownership and the shareholders have to appoint one of the potential bidders one that has the clout to move the club forward and inturn generate interest in the club from the dumfries public ,queens are on a downward spiral and if thay dont act fast it wont end up at league 1 ,it could get much worse .
    The BOD have already said they’d gladly step aside if anyone showed an interest but nobody has.

The BOD have already said they’d gladly step aside if anyone showed an interest but nobody has.

yea i get that arrol but why dont thay step aside now ,then let other factions come in for an ownerless club ? would you go into negotiations with billy hewitson and co ? il tell you if i was a multibillionare i would put my name in the hat no prob ,but why waste cash negotiating buying them out when thay can simply walk then jump in when club is free to take .,na no one will come in for queens if thay have to hand over cash to that lot .atm queens arnt a viable cash buy .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 18-04-2022 at 04:00 PM.

The directors don’t own the club. The don’t make any money from Queens.

Hewitson will have profited from using his companies to do all the work in and around Palmerston though.

The directors don’t own the club. The don’t make any money from Queens.

Hewitson will have profited from using his companies to do all the work in and around Palmerston though.

yea its just frustrating arrol ,we have a board of directors that are willing to keep the club ticking over on the clubs own generated income which is getting less and less each season ,unless queens are the dominant force in league 1 crowds will dwindle further and the boards position of just running it on club income alone gets much worse on team budgets ,its came to the point where they need to add to the club incomings to move the club forwards which i cant see coming from the current board .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)