+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T Happy clappers.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    TS says it’s there so obviously we believe him
    Warney has said previously that he doesn’t want to pay over the odds if he thinks they’re not worth that amount (let’s be honest some prices that are on the heads are bloody ridiculous) and I agree with him

We can only go on what we here/see
    Ffs get Kelly on pitch for at few minutes so we know he’s alive and prove you wrong
    I think you've missed what I meant. I'm not saying TS is pulling a fast one or is not to be believed whatsoever. I'm saying that when he says money is available it might not mean that there is the necessary money for the necessary player(s) that would improve us. TS might give the recruitment team 250k yet all targets cost more and then you end up with players who don't have the value for money, which you've mentioned. So it looks like we are hesitant in the market or sleeping whereas the market simply doesn't offer value for money with what we want to do.

I remember saying at Wembley, when the players were out warming up and I couldn't see him, 'he doesn't exist does he'

Are you guys sure you saw him warming up in that home game just after he joined? (Can't remember which game it was)

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I think you've missed what I meant. I'm not saying TS is pulling a fast one or is not to be believed whatsoever. I'm saying that when he says money is available it might not mean that there is the necessary money for the necessary player(s) that would improve us. TS might give the recruitment team 250k yet all targets cost more and then you end up with players who don't have the value for money, which you've mentioned. So it looks like we are hesitant in the market or sleeping whereas the market simply doesn't offer value for money with what we want to do.

I remember saying at Wembley, when the players were out warming up and I couldn't see him, 'he doesn't exist does he'

Are you guys sure you saw him warming up in that home game just after he joined? (Can't remember which game it was)
    I assume you mean Ned
    He was definitely at Wimbledon because he came over to speak to us and was celebrating at the end
    The floodlights were shiny off his bald pate

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Players not putting their brain into gear -
    A few weeks ago a forward had received a yellow card for a foul, later on during the game, he scores a goal,
    he took his shirt off, got a second yellow for a early bath, idiotic by the player, the club should have fined him.
    Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Was it a Derby player ELK?
    Sadly not

Maybe some people treat watching football as fun, a game that lasts 90 minutes, then you go home and do something else.
    Analizing is great, but eventually you end up with silly 'bottling' threads. A season lasts 46 games, until it's finished, no one knows who are the best teams. If people are saying we have a tough run in, then by proxy, we've had the easiest season up to now.

If clapping the players after they have put a shift in trying to win and being happy with the way the club is being run . Then I am proud to be a happy clapper even if some people try to use it as an insult

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post

Yes I get what you mean.

Be interesting to know why the Stockton deal didn’t go through? 500k was offered but then retracted and we ended up taking on Kelly ( on a free) who so far seems to be more injured than first realised. Surely he should be at least on the bench by now? How long has he been with us?

I wonder what Stockton goes for close season, seeing how he’s out of contract at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Be interesting to know why the Stockton deal didn’t go through? 500k was offered but then retracted and we ended up taking on Kelly ( on a free) who so far seems to be more injured than first realised. Surely he should be at least on the bench by now? How long has he been with us?

I wonder what Stockton goes for close season, seeing how he’s out of contract at the end of the season?
    Cole Stockton isn't out of contract at the end of the season Brin.
    He signed a two year deal in 2021, under contract till summer 2023.

The Stockton deal was dependent on Freddie moving on and as we know a transfer didn't materialise.

Is that right Brin ?
    I knew we were interested, but didn't know we had bid.

I spoke to a few Morecambe fans back in January and they told me that Stockton wasn't for sale at any price. This decision was mainly influenced by Morecambe getting a plum FA Cup away day against Tottenham. The money raised from the Spurs game meant they didn't need to sell anyone in the window and as a club they felt Stockton was crucial to their hopes of avoiding relegation.

How true this is, no idea, it was just fan chatter. But I would imagine that gate money from Spurs away + staying in League One would be worth more than 500k to Morecambe?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast