+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: O/T Happy clappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Is that right Brin ?
    I knew we were interested, but didn't know we had bid.
    TLC yes we had and it was something to do with Freddie moving on, however, I still feel we should have signed Stockton as Freddie is moving close season anyway. Poor choice by whoever at the club

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    TLC yes we had and it was something to do with Freddie moving on, however, I still feel we should have signed Stockton as Freddie is moving close season anyway. Poor choice by whoever at the club
    Wasn't that dependent on getting funds for Freddie in order to buy Stockton though? And if course whether they were willing to sell him after getting the spurs game windfall?

I've always thought that Spurs have had something against us particularly as they have refused to play us for 50 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I assume you mean Ned
    He was definitely at Wimbledon because he came over to speak to us and was celebrating at the end
    The floodlights were shiny off his bald pate
    Ah yes, that was the game. Well I'm glad you, and a few others, managed to get a glimpse of him in the flesh. A rare sight indeed.

If we couldn't get Stockton because no bugger (unsurprisingly) wouldn't stump up for Freddie then that is deeply frustrating. As mentioned however, the FA Cup money put them in a strong bargaining position and staying up would be worth more than 500k.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Wasn't that dependent on getting funds for Freddie in order to buy Stockton though? And if course whether they were willing to sell him after getting the spurs game windfall?
    No, as the funds were there for Warne to spend on Stockton. I would imagine Stockton’s wage demands would have been on a par with Ladapo so no difference there. Any money we got back on Ladapo would have been banked.

Hindsight is brilliant but we now have a player, Ladapo, who doesn’t want to be here and boy is he showing us. A still crocked freebie in Kelly and a young lad in Kayode who, although he is busting a gut to show he means business, is still quite a way from the finished article due to his age and lack of playing time but, definitely one for the future. Had to this we may well lose Smith and it’s an utter mess!

Bill Shankly once said, ‘’ You can never have enough forwards’’ and boy was he right. The biggest thing out of this would have definitely meant one would have to leave to accommodate Stockton and with Stockton’s goal record, I would have let Kayode go out on loan to retain the 21 man squad. It’s all in the past now though so we simply have to deal with it. Roll on close season so we can sort this mess out.

I've avoided this board since Saturday as I guessed (correctly but it wasn't a difficult one to make) that the usual suspects would be slobbering at the prospect of firing off their weapons of mass destruction in all directions.

Thanks to pocket for starting the thread. I'm happy to stand up and be counted as a "happy clapper". Through thick and thin.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I've always thought that Spurs have had something against us particularly as they have refused to play us for 50 years or so
    And even when they did they wouldn't let Derek Dalton in!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    And even when they did they wouldn't let Derek Dalton in!
    Scoundrels and charlatans

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567