Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
I think that the posts expressing concern about the direction the club has been heading this season have not been devoid of suggestions concerning necessary and fundamental change. Equally, I see no point retaining someone who clearly was incapable of arresting the club's downward spiral this season or possibly the next. There are obviously broader and more fundamental factors to do with the club's structure and operation which, aside from awful recruitment, tactics, team selections etc. which are somewhat closer to Artell's remit, require early resolution to impact positively on the first team's future fortunes. For the record, up until late January, I thought that Wartman was being rather bleak in his assessment. However, the home defeat by Plymouth was the final straw for me.
I thought the Plymouth game was the start of our spiral towards league 2, although you could go back much further, but Fleetwood and Doncaster sealed DA's fate, it is sad but even our board who don't like the idea of sacking managers could not let this go on. I was surprised by the timing but we now have to try and rebuild for next season and maybe we do need new ideas. I do feel though that the new management team who ever that may be will be struggling to get there first choice players in and will be scraping the bargain basement for players just as DA was forced to do. I hope I'm wrong but we need a budget for next season that the new management team can use to improve what is an extremely poor squad as it stands.