Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
Dave Artell was, is and will remain, both as a player and a manager, a club Legend.
I wish him well in his future career.
He has been very unlucky this season as previous posters have pointed out.
I was both surprised and disappointed to see him sacked, but there must be stuff going on behind the scenes that we aren't aware of...I would guess that he had lost the dressing room amongst other things.

We do need to be very careful with the next appointment, if they don't use the youngsters, then the Academy will be at risk, and although that will please some, without it, we are a very small club, with very limited resource.
I always liked Dave and he has been unfortunate with losing his best players, injuries and the lack of quality in some players who he probably thought were better than they were, I do wish him well. I do think at the beginning of the season he made a mistake when he said he wanted 10 new players, the numbers were all well and good but as it turned out we got the numbers but not the right players, its difficult without the right budget.

I never called for his sacking and never would I think there have been some vile people throwing a lot of vile stuff around and there was no need for that, Artell deserved a lot more respect for what he has done. I was disappointed to see him go but like you said probably more going on behind the scenes, but results don't help. As for the new management team I think the club will try and recruit from within and I suppose Morris has to be favourite to take that position if he wants it. It gives some continuity and youngsters will be given a chance.