+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley Sack Dyche

Burnley Sack Dyche

I think us sacking Bielsa was a nonsense but them sacking Dyche is bordering on signing their own relegation papers.

The fact he had that team anywhere near top 10 PL never mind Europe at a time is unbelieveable, the amount he has given them to now have them turn their back on him when has proven time and again he can keep them up is staggering. Must have lost the dressing room totally or something for this to happen.

Should have seen it out till end of season then made a change, its a massive gamble on their part that I just don't see it paying off which is good for us. Be very interested to see how it pans out.

You usually see sides react with a good first up performance when a new manager takes over. Hopefully not the case in this instance!

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I think us sacking Bielsa was a nonsense but them sacking Dyche is bordering on signing their own relegation papers.

The fact he had that team anywhere near top 10 PL never mind Europe at a time is unbelieveable, the amount he has given them to now have them turn their back on him when has proven time and again he can keep them up is staggering. Must have lost the dressing room totally or something for this to happen.

Should have seen it out till end of season then made a change, its a massive gamble on their part that I just don't see it paying off which is good for us. Be very interested to see how it pans out.
    Agreed - they should have stuck by him for a variety of reasons but think Frank Lampard must be the most relieved by this.

If they go down three or four players there we might sign.

McNeil
    Cornet
    Pope
    Taylor (albeit it grated how he sold us out)

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Agreed - they should have stuck by him for a variety of reasons but think Frank Lampard must be the most relieved by this.

McNeil
    Cornet
    Pope
    Agreed on all points, madness to take a gamble on a new manager "bounce" with so few games left and in the position they are.

As for players, I'd like to see us take a look at least at Cornet and Pope. Not so sure about Taylor (irrespective of the circumstances under which he left, just don't think he is the player he was).

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

McNeil
    Cornet
    Pope
    Why would we get Pope when we have Meslier?

Cornet maybe, McNeil not convinced.

Taylor can swing, absolute sell out and shouldn't be welcomed back at any time.

Hard sell for someone getting anyone to move to Burnley - In fairness to Dyche he has kept them up for a lot longer than perhaps they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Why would we get Pope when we have Meslier?

Cornet maybe, McNeil not convinced.

Taylor can swing, absolute sell out and shouldn't be welcomed back at any time.

Kind of worried about us selling Meslier. Think it would be a huge mistake. However, if he want's to leave it's hard to stop them.

Forget taylor. "you can't go home again". he's not as good as some of our U-23's and he's ready for the nursing home.

Never saw that one coming, also it would be better to have some clarity on our Premier league status before we start thinking about this player or that player we could have, still not safe in my pessimistic view, with some tough games and needed points to fight over yet.

Their board must be thick as feck - Given limited funds he has got them up twice I think it is from the Championship and kept them in the Premiership for the last few seasons - Surely he deserved the opportunity to at least keep them up?

Bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Never saw that one coming, also it would be better to have some clarity on our Premier league status before we start thinking about this player or that player we could have, still not safe in my pessimistic view, with some tough games and needed points to fight over yet.
    Just like me pal - hoping the others down there with us keep losing - even if we do stay up I think we are in for an uncertain summer with who will be leaving and we will be buying.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)