+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Under 23's going down?

Under 23's going down?

All the fuss with our under 23's and so many signings. After a great start, they look like going back down
    Has the effect of Bielsa's methods hit them hard like the first team or they simply aren't good enough?
    All the players that have come in have shown skills beyond their years so what has happened?
    I haven't been following them as much as I did at the start due to the ongoing problems of our senior team but it upsets me to see them strugling.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    All the fuss with our under 23's and so many signings. After a great start, they look like going back down
    Has the effect of Bielsa's methods hit them hard like the first team or they simply aren't good enough?
    All the players that have come in have shown skills beyond their years so what has happened?
    I haven't been following them as much as I did at the start due to the ongoing problems of our senior team but it upsets me to see them strugling.
    Knock on effect of all the injuries to the first team the key u23s were filling in for the first team and had to have too many young players for u16 and u23.

They should be just about ok

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Knock on effect of all the injuries to the first team the key u23s were filling in for the first team and had to have too many young players for u16 and u23.

They should be just about ok
    I just cannot let that go!!!!

"The key U23s were filling in for the first team"

Please detail all those occasions when the "key U23s" (and maybe give us an udea as to who you refer to), played for anything like a full match in the 1st team?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I just cannot let that go!!!!

"The key U23s were filling in for the first team"

Please detail all those occasions when the "key U23s" (and maybe give us an udea as to who you refer to), played for anything like a full match in the 1st team?
    On the bench mainly but meant they weren’t then either playing for the u23 or only half a game.

Pretty much November, December and Jan - players like Creaswell, Hjelde and Bate wtc weren’t getting enough game time for either

Wasn’t suggesting that they were all getting lots of first team time - I think against Spurs away we have A Gray on the bench filling in - that was now bad the injuries were
    Last edited by hopelesslyoptimistic; 15-04-2022 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    On the bench mainly but meant they weren’t then either playing for the u23 or only half a game.

Pretty much November, December and Jan - players like Creaswell, Hjelde and Bate wtc weren’t getting enough game time for either

Wasn’t suggesting that they were all getting lots of first team time - I think against Spurs away we have A Gray on the bench filling in - that was now bad the injuries were
    Yes, hope but even though as we say we had all those injuries he insisted on playing players out of positions and the dross like Roberts.This guy seems to be caring on with mbs plans which with the games coming up may come back to bite not only us but the team.

You would like to think at least 3 or 4 will become regulars in a couple of years, if so that is a great return..

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Don't be getting upset love! Dry your tears, Mr Orta will bring in a whole tranche of young new faces this summer, and a heap of the relegated current lads will be in the first team squad next season...

Winning and losing doesn't matter at youth levels its about developing players. Be good for them to stay in the top league but given the fact a lot of U23 games now have 18/19 year olds playing it isn't a shame if they go down.

If Gelhardt, Cresswell, Bate, Greenwood, Summerville, Gray, Hjelde or any of them turn into good PL players its worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Don't be getting upset love! Dry your tears, Mr Orta will bring in a whole tranche of young new faces this summer, and a heap of the relegated current lads will be in the first team squad next season...
    That's the most since you've made all year keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Winning and losing doesn't matter at youth levels its about developing players. Be good for them to stay in the top league but given the fact a lot of U23 games now have 18/19 year olds playing it isn't a shame if they go down.

If Gelhardt, Cresswell, Bate, Greenwood, Summerville, Gray, Hjelde or any of them turn into good PL players its worked.
    Yeah, your right it's not as if the kids from the top clubs will get a go anyway most rote away. Keeps bringing back where is the world of football heading. Europe should be ashamed of themselves as they are the biggest destructors of club football.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)