+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anger at FC Den Bosch regarding Conway and Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Conway and Chien Lee are NOT ars.eoyles as you so beautifully and eloquently put it.
    People that amass money like they do are not ars.oyles - far from it.
    I would describe them as highly intelligent individuals.
    It would be interesting to hear from them what happened leading up to the debacle of last season.

I can understand that they want to make a profit by running a profitable football club.
    And that would be great for the supporters of that club.
    Obviously if a club is profitable then it must be doing something right.

What I can’t understand is how they hope to achieve that.
    Once they get a stake in a club then to make it successful there surely needs to be an input.
    But they seem to refuse to prime the pump - ie refusing to invest their own money.
    Investing in football is high risk - are they just throwing ‘money that is subject to eg taxes’ at football in the hope that some of it bounces back in the form of a profit?

As we all know - as a football club slides down the leagues the assets (players) within that club loses value in money.
    So they seem to be losing money at every opportunity.
    I can see a time in the not too distant future where they back track on their stakes in football.

Neerav, JAQ, Crynes and Khaled will to some degree understand the business plan of Chien Lee.
    Yet another example of what Khaled should be grilled on during an interview.
    Khaled should not have been allowed to sit quietly in a corner while interviewers pat Duff on the back.
    Have these interviewers forgotten last season already.
    You need help Nudge…Madness, that you defend them

Conway and Lee came to Barnsley as it was a Championship, debt free club being sold very cheap (and they still haven't paid a penny towards the purchase of the club).

They came in anticipation of--
    1 Making money through player trading
    2 Selling their share of the club or its assets at the right time financially for them in the medium term

This plan has been followed at several European clubs as they considered European clubs undervalued compared to American sporting organisations. Conway pitched this idea in the USA to raise funds from speculators looking for a profit. This is how we came to be partly owned by New York Hedge Fund organisations who were happy to let Conway run the show in Europe for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Conway and Chien Lee are NOT ars.eoyles as you so beautifully and eloquently put it.
    People that amass money like they do are not ars.oyles - far from it.
    I would describe them as highly intelligent individuals.
    It would be interesting to hear from them what happened leading up to the debacle of last season.

I can understand that they want to make a profit by running a profitable football club.
    And that would be great for the supporters of that club.
    Obviously if a club is profitable then it must be doing something right.

What I can’t understand is how they hope to achieve that.
    Once they get a stake in a club then to make it successful there surely needs to be an input.
    But they seem to refuse to prime the pump - ie refusing to invest their own money.
    Investing in football is high risk - are they just throwing ‘money that is subject to eg taxes’ at football in the hope that some of it bounces back in the form of a profit?

As we all know - as a football club slides down the leagues the assets (players) within that club loses value in money.
    So they seem to be losing money at every opportunity.
    I can see a time in the not too distant future where they back track on their stakes in football.

Neerav, JAQ, Crynes and Khaled will to some degree understand the business plan of Chien Lee.
    Yet another example of what Khaled should be grilled on during an interview.
    Khaled should not have been allowed to sit quietly in a corner while interviewers pat Duff on the back.
    Have these interviewers forgotten last season already.
    I think you suffer from Stockholm Syndrome YN .

You'll have to google it I guess .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12