+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rangers date switch?

Rangers date switch?

From the BBC

Rangers are in talks with the SPFL about rearranging their league game with Motherwell prior to their Europa League semi-final with RB Leipzig.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61128075

Wouldn't have a problem with that.

Yes no problems from me either. It doesn’t have any effect on us which is the main thing and also it would be good to assist Rangers as they fly the flag for Scotland in Europe. Hopefully the extra days rest gives them a better chance in their semi final first leg.

Is this the same Rangers who couldn’t care less about every other club losing out on the Cinch deal which would benefit the league now asking for help from the league. Just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Macdee View Post
    Is this the same Rangers who couldn’t care less about every other club losing out on the Cinch deal which would benefit the league now asking for help from the league. Just saying!
    Maybe, I don’t know to be honest.

With a Sunday fixture as scheduled, there are more days for rest prior to the European action than there is between that game and the Scottish Cup.
    I agree, it shouldn't make a difference to Motherwell, but if Rangers are asking for a favor what's in it for Motherwell?
    Personally, I'm old school and think all games should be 3pm on Saturday, but, why aren't Rangers asking for the Celtic game to be moved?
    Seems like they're looking to push through something they think they can apply greater influence.
    I suggest Rangers have far greater depth in squad than most clubs and should therefore not ask for favor and instead manage game time within their squad better... even a second eleven from them would likely be up for a game against our current team.

Technically, as a Scottish football fan, I should be supporting all Scottish teams in Europe as any good result can only benefit the Scottish UEFA coefficient. However, the behaviour of the Old Firm is often a bit like Putin invading Ukraine, trying to throw their weight around, so it's not always easy. I still don't think the date switch would help our chances, but you never know.

I imagine after yesterday our insistence on being suitably recompensed for the inconvenience will be somewhat harder.

I was delighted the game was a Sunday ....I'm working Saturday! I am a season ticket holder but unfortunately (?) work commitments have scuppered my attendances all season hence I've only seen a handful of FP games so as far as I am concerned the entitled, arrogant bunch at Ipox can go and whistle 'Dixie'! I want to see the game ....on Sunday. As a previous poster said they have depth in numbers so play the fringe/aspiring guys v. 'Well if they're so worried about the Europa tie. Sadly the football "authorities" will inevitably and predictably capitulate. Basically SOD them... it's not in 'Well's interest (or admittedly selfishly my own) to change to accomodate them.

I think your Sunday trip is safe now. Surely it's now too late to make a switch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)