+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Jim's bottom six Dons v Livi Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I canna see he was even blocking the keepers path.
    The keeper just ran at him.
    I remember Dean Campbell getting a second yellow after about 25 minutes at home to Dingwall a couple of years ago. He’d already been booked, and did that thing every defending team does and didn’t fully back off by ten yards. The County player battered the ball against him and he was shown another yellow, something I hadn’t seen before, nor have witnessed since. I don’t think there’s a decent referee in the land.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I remember Dean Campbell getting a second yellow after about 25 minutes at home to Dingwall a couple of years ago. He’d already been booked, and did that thing every defending team does and didn’t fully back off by ten yards. The County player battered the ball against him and he was shown another yellow, something I hadn’t seen before, nor have witnessed since. I don’t think there’s a decent referee in the land.
    How about Lewis Ferguson getting booked for doing same thing , then later in game opposition player blocked a free kick. No action.

Maybe we have not made enough of a thing about this "persecution" of the Dandies ?!!

( Aye, I hear the voices in my head . Do the other Clubs get this sort of stuff from the weegie BITB ? )

When it's the two cheeks it's out and out bias.
    When teams outwith those two play each other, it's rank incompetence.

I attended my first AFC game October 1970.
    Fu ck knows how many Dons games I've been at, into the multiple thousands I'd imagine, and nothing will ever disabuse me of the belief that we are refereed differently to the rest, always have been, always will be.

Call me a paranoid, tin-foil-hat wearing conspiracy theorist if you like but I've see it too much.

Sure the cheeks get it, week in week out, and we've suffered against them as have other teams.
    But I've seen us, over and over, shafted in big games against the rest too often to be a coincidence, and it's never gone down the "these things even themselves out" route.

Corrupt cu nts the lot of them, JPR Gordon, Tom "Tiny" Wharton, Ian Foote, Brian McGinley, Hugh Dallas, Louis Thow, The Sinister Minister, "Brother" Willie Young.....yea unto the present crop.
    Not forgetting a man for whom there is a special place in hell, Bob Valentine.

A pox on every last one of them.

+1 = GB Smith for the worst penalty award I’ve ever witnessed when, during the 89 League Cup final, Willie Miller stepped aside to rid himself of a backing-in McCoist who fell down. Hunbelievable.

….and Les Mottram.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 25-04-2022 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    +1 = GB Smith for the worst penalty award I’ve ever witnessed when, during the 89 League Cup final, Willie Miller stepped aside to rid himself of a backing-in McCoist who fell down. Hunbelievable.

….and Les Mottram.
    I overlooked that incident/those breeds.

Let’s all sing

This is the thread that never ends

did not know what thread to stick this on so just thought I would put them on here.
    These are some home truth comments I read on a BBC report that says it all really, and I would not bet on us taking full points against Dundee this weekend, we just don't have the belief within the squad and Jim fkn Onewin is not capable of injecting the much needed desire and belief into the squad, squeaky bum indeed.

No team in the Premiership has taken fewer league points in 2022 than Aberdeen which, given their budget, is a thundering embarrassment. With one win and only nine points in their 14 league games this year, the Dons have been dismal.
    In such a moderate league it's mortifying that a club with Aberdeen's resources are languishing where they are.

Was it John Rowbotham who used to let the Geordie wife-beater run around elbowing anyone he wanted every time we played the Huns?

For one single game it's tough to "beat" McCurry's performance when he decided not to give us a penalty early on at Pittodrie "because if I gave it, I'd have had to send him off".

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...-young-2475015

More horrors:
    Hugh Alexander’s performance in the 1985 Cup semi-final replay, and Jim McCluskey’s white-stick and labrador myopia in the 1993 final of the same competition.

Both should have seen Messrs Narey and Gough coin it in post-fitba careers in fannies’ sport Major League Basketball. Blatant as ****.

We were never going to be given the opportunity to win four cups in a row in 85. Of that I am certain.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast