+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Ayr United

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yea most of the old faithful have gave up while the current board are in charge ,a few guys that used to go to the games week in week out now travel down to follow ashington ,some just stopped going and watch for the results on tv ,me myself have only attend here and there for last few season rather it an away game than a home fixture ,id love to get going again every week but i lose the plot watching the crap on the park these days and grudge putting money into the boards pockets .and alot of fans have found other things to entertain them instead of attending palmy ,this trend aint good for queens ,things have to pick up dramatically on the park to entice these fans back .
    Not a penny from entry fee goes into the BOD’s pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Not a penny from entry fee goes into the BOD’s pocket.

ok where does it go arrol ,it goes into queens club bank account am i right and who sanctions the use of this cash ? the board thats who arrol ,and by reading posts from prominent queens fans queens seem to have built up a decent profit over last few seasons ,so the dross we see on the park comes down to these guys and there choices .

the state of the ground is a concern also reading some posts on here ,that old stand must be on its last legs aswell the moss on roof will be eating it away ,the board are the ones that need to stand up and get these things sorted ,the playing staff needs a major overhaul with better quality brought in the ground needs to be upgraded before we see stand closures .

ok where does it go arrol ,it goes into queens club bank account am i right and who sanctions the use of this cash ? the board thats who arrol ,and by reading posts from prominent queens fans queens seem to have built up a decent profit over last few seasons ,so the dross we see on the park comes down to these guys and there choices .
    It will COST board members to run the club Francis. They’re not there to make a profit as the club doesn’t belong to them.

the state of the ground is a concern also reading some posts on here ,that old stand must be on its last legs aswell the moss on roof will be eating it away ,the board are the ones that need to stand up and get these things sorted ,the playing staff needs a major overhaul with better quality brought in the ground needs to be upgraded before we see stand closures .
    I'm sure there were plans drawn up a few seasons back on upgrading the Main Stand with all different facilities instead. Probably no chance of an upgrade whilst in League One.

It will COST board members to run the club Francis. They’re not there to make a profit as the club doesn’t belong to them.

no one is saying the board are making the profit the club have a profit in the bank according to one of the tanner fund guys and a very healthy profit ,now why is there a profit there in a season where it could have been spent to build a decent squad instead of this relegation squad .

no one is saying the board are making the profit the club have a profit in the bank according to one of the tanner fund guys and a very healthy profit ,now why is there a profit there in a season where it could have been spent to build a decent squad instead of this relegation squad .
    The profit came from £500,000 Covid government grant and the money made from Lyndon Dykes sale to QPR. Both Livi & Queens profited from it.
    We need to remember that profit and money in the bank was dates 31st May 2021.
    God only knows what it’ll be now.

I’m sure the plan was to use the £500,000 grant to upgrade that horrible pitch this summer but that’s been postponed until NEXT summer FFS.

Guessing the 500k will be to compensate for loss of attendance income at the point the players were back playing and not receiving furlough ?

What gets me is it was all systems go with big ideas of a stadium rejig, bowling alleys, cinema, council officers etc then all of a sudden everything falls on death ears at the time the Arena is all up and running and it takes a public outcry for the BOD to write a simple club progress update let alone do basic stuff like give the place a annual lick of paint or to be seen to be doing something positive.

I get they want us to be sustainable and don't want to pump their own money in but that doesn't prevent them showing some kind of interest, basic communication, modernising the place and thrashing about ideas to promote and take the club forward.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Guessing the 500k will be to compensate for loss of attendance income at the point the players were back playing and not receiving furlough ?

What gets me is it was all systems go with big ideas of a stadium rejig, bowling alleys, cinema, council officers etc then all of a sudden everything falls on death ears at the time the Arena is all up and running and it takes a public outcry for the BOD to write a simple club progress update let alone do basic stuff like give the place a annual lick of paint or to be seen to be doing something positive.

I get they want us to be sustainable and don't want to pump their own money in but that doesn't prevent them showing some kind of interest, basic communication, modernising the place and thrashing about ideas to promote and take the club forward.
    Just read Hewitson won tonight’s shirt sponsorship draw for next season

Just read Hewitson won tonight’s shirt sponsorship draw for next season
    You wouldn't credit it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)