Quote Originally Posted by qosdreamer View Post
We have deservedly went down after a really poor season. The effort of the last two games is where we should have been all season.
Ayr could have been two up before we even got going but after that we still had great chances. Paton did make a difference but has to score the chance he made or square to Lee Connolly. Junior and Cameron just aren't natural strikers but we haven't had a partnership all season that combined for each other often two guys playing for themselves. Connolly did see plenty of chances around the box but his quality was not there yesterday he does struggle out wide.I don't think the defence can take the stick for yesterday losing a cruel deflection and they have played behind a soft midfield all season. I think McGrory and Cochrane can only improve but they do need some steel beside them and McGrory in particular needs to win more tackles. As a team we are too nice.
People who think every player is gutless and every player should be emptied are living in cloud cuckoo land.Our budget again will be bettered than many even a league down. We had too big a squad this season too low on quality, height, pace and experience. The likes of Rae,East, Fitzpatrick and O'Connor will all have better offers so we will probably struggle to keep any. I hope we don't pin our hopes on the loan market again as it has been more miss than hit this season.
Lastly it has been heartening at least to see the response from the crowd to the last two games. It was really great to see so many youngsters yesterday. There still seems to be some love for Queens in Dumfries that seemed to be disappearing in the last few years. The board need to show this same passion and promote the club more. They need to be so much more visible. This would be the ideal time for some fresh blood on the board. As the old proverb says *Build it and they will come^.
Absolutely spot on, excellent post