+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Dover Athletic 26.04.22 [NL]

⚽ Match Thread vs. Dover Athletic 26.04.22 [NL]

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1682
Size:  20.7 KB

Matchday is here again and this time Notts visit the south coast for a twenty seventh attempt at the Dover away fixture. Hopefully this time the rain stays away, the tide is out, the sky isn't too blue, the grass isn't too long and neither plagues of locusts or frogs intervene. Of course with Dover anything is possible.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 1691
Size:  13.2 KB
    'The Crabble' pictured earlier with the pitch looking in
    fine fettle after the referee's inspection.

Top scorer Kyle Wootton will be out, according to Ian Burchnall's pre-match press conference, so there will clearly be some rejigging of the side that starts this one with either Mitchell or Sam likely to lead the line unless there's a different system altogether.

Name:  Screenshot (26).jpg
Views: 1698
Size:  18.2 KB
    Dover chairman Jim 'Lucifer's Knitwear Model' Parmaviolet
    checks the forecast printout closely to see if he can find an
    excuse to postpone as late as possible just for sheer devilment. *

Notts will be aiming for nothing short of all three points tonight and intensity will be key. This could be a good game for the energy of O'Brien, Vincent or both. Dover, despite already being relegated, have recently put on some sterling performances and banged in some goals against some of the top teams so the 'Pies will need to be on their game from the first whistle.

Notts have a chance to go 5th in the table if they can grab all three points. as they aim to finish as high as possible to grasp a good play-off berth and ensure home advantage. How high they can finish will in large part depend on the outcomes of the two fixtures against Dover, who are visitors to The San Sirrel next Monday afternoon.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1697
Size:  13.1 KB
    Travelling fan traffic appears to be light on the approaches
    to the stadium this afternoon

Team news is expected at 6:45pm and the web commentary from Charlie and Stall on BBC Radio Nottingham should be at this link as usual (and on all the other regular channels - BBC Sport app, PiesPlayer, DAB etc.).

Here's hoping those of us at home can enjoy a few of those inimitable Mark Stallard 'get in' moments as Notts build momentum! Of course, this being Notts, it could still go pear-shaped. Fingers, toes and arms crossed it doesn't.

COYP!

*If wet in village hall
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-04-2022 at 03:21 PM.

brilliant summation Swale old buddy old pal... lol

As a side post, and without the aide of google or wiki etc etc, I know there aren't many but can anybody name players who have played for both clubs? I can only think of 2...

I think i would be pretty difficult to find a lot wrong with the pitch tonight...

https://twitter.com/5113dover/status/1519006543873814533?s=20&t=YiCFU9bI5qg15uXj8e3jOg

Name:  FRSbI14XMAAxtAL.jpg
Views: 1739
Size:  77.5 KB

4-2-3-1 then? Still, should have enough about them to take all 3 points

Thanks for that Swale, made me proper laugh

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Name:  FRSbI14XMAAxtAL.jpg
Views: 1739
Size:  77.5 KB
    Interesting. Found a spot for Sam and Nemane plus Roberts. Nemane at Wing Back in a 3-4-3

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Thanks for that Swale, made me proper laugh
    I'm glad they're actually read

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Interesting. Found a spot for Sam and Nemane plus Roberts. Nemane at Wing Back in a 3-4-3
    Surely it’s the same formation as Saturday?

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast