+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Promotion day

April 26th 1997

25 years have flown by since that Memorable day , a damp and dreary saturday, but the Sun came out as thousands of fans made their way into Town to celebrate after the match ,
    We had a great team ,
    We had a great Club,
    We had Great Fans,
    We had most wishing us well !
    Barnsley was a proud happy place , Buisnesses booming on the back of that day , great times indeed ⚽️🚩🍻🤣,
    Such a huge contrast to whats happening now 🤔,
    Where did it all go wrong ?

Much has changed Roma not only with our football club but the game itself since that great day. Still, at least we've edda taste o it. I count myself very fortunate with some of the times I've had following this club. That 96/97 season will never be topped imo. Unbelievablely good times.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Much has changed Roma not only with our football club but the game itself since that great day. Still, at least we've edda taste o it. I count myself very fortunate with some of the times I've had following this club. That 96/97 season will never be topped imo. Unbelievablely good times.
    I can't see days like that happnin ageeun Pass , as the sehs football's lost it's appeal wi greed (Salah wants 450k per week wtf is tharrabart ?) But back to the neet of promotion to Premiership , Wat a neet Wat an hangover !!! Drunk as a cartwheel walking ooham , Wife sed did it go to xtra time ? " dunt know luv can't rememba , good night " are blame Mr Peter Bristow !! God bless him ,

I woke up on Sunday morning on my front room carpet fully clothed and according to my partner at the time with a huge grin on my face .

That Saturday night in town was the greatest celebration this town's ever seen .

Everybody poured in to be part of it , you couldn't get a fag paper between the amount of folk celebrating on Wellington Street .

We were singing and dancing on the tables at the side of The Shakespeare pyssed as monkey's .

What a day , what a night , what a fecking hangover .

🍻🍻🍻🍻

I was living in Jakarta at the time and I walked into my local watering hole sharting art,

As any one eard of Barnsley football club...thee has now!
    (course they all had via me being the only Barnsley supporter)

A mate sharts out, aye and you will go straight back down - which I could not disagree with. So I took me shoes of jumped on pool table and started singing my Whitney favourite at that time One moment in time! Safe knowing nobody would throw any beer at me over a pool table.

No idea what time I went home but thankful to my driver as at some stage of the evening he did the required and took me home.

Still gives me goose bumps today.

Don't we play the Blacky orange lashers next week on that date ?.
    What a difference in feelings and atmosphere now ehh, compared to that day & night, 25 years ago. 😢

Talking Heads “Once in a Lifetime”

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Med me chuckle did that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    We could be taken over by a consortium of billionaire owners in the future for all we know Wardy .

Oh wait a minute ..........

😀😀😀😀

Happy Promotion day

Yes its April 26th today, which is the date we won promotion to the Premier league on, back in 1997. They should make this a bank holiday for us lol. 👍
    We've won promotions again since then of course but only from Lg One (Division Three), and nothing will match that day. And its a shame for those who weren't around at the time to experience it.
    In fact if we had won the play off Final in '00, or if we had got there and won it last year as well, it still wun't have matched that feeling 25 years ago.
    And I think on this day at this very moment, Dickie Bird and Michael Parkinson were both talking utter boring ignorant garbage... so no change there then. 😁
    And whatever happened to our man of the match that day, a certain Ole Bjorn Sundgot ? lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast