+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunderland Post Match Thoughts

Having watched Icky's OG a few times on SSN, i'm convinced he can just let it go......He's well known for being at the scene of the crime too many times, plus having a fifty-pence shaped forehead, it was always destined for the top corner. How he managed that is for PW to work out. Was a shame really as he'd had an excellent game. Just doing it in the right end on Saturday.................UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    One consequence of Icky's OG is that having now let in 33 we can no longer equal our club record low of 32 goals conceded in a season that we set in winning the 3rd Division in 1980-81. A shame really as for much of the season we looked like eclipsing it until a couple of 0-3 results chucked a spanner in the works.
    Yeah, take the 2 x3 goals and the 4 at home and they'd have beaten it easy, 10 in 3 games is a disaster, as it proved on several fronts.....

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    One consequence of Icky's OG is that having now let in 33 we can no longer equal our club record low of 32 goals conceded in a season that we set in winning the 3rd Division in 1980-81. A shame really as for much of the season we looked like eclipsing it until a couple of 0-3 results chucked a spanner in the works.
    A big difference also from football then and now

Like comparing rugby league with union

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    Also Icky's own goal was by no means the worst spot of League One defending of the night if you look at Wigan's and Fleetwood's howlers on the Sky highlights.
    I like Fleetwood's for SW's third goal. It must be close to a world record when the team that kicks off concedes a goal just 7 seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Having watched Icky's OG a few times on SSN, i'm convinced he can just let it go......He's well known for being at the scene of the crime too many times, plus having a fifty-pence shaped forehead, it was always destined for the top corner. How he managed that is for PW to work out. Was a shame really as he'd had an excellent game. Just doing it in the right end on Saturday.................UTM.
    He was aware of the importance of the game and was 'trying too hard'. In a less pressured game he would have dealt with the situation without mishap.

Better to try too hard than not to try at all and I hope that his head won't be affected by it. It's time to be kind.

We'd have took position we're in now going into the final game of the season before the Oxford game. Some performance last night. Just got to finish job off. Just have to get left wing back position right defensively & a goalscorer in. I've said it before move Harding across in place of Tutu. Kelly I'd go for up front I said earlier Kayode but can't see him being answer there.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    We'd have took position we're in now going into the final game of the season before the Oxford game. Some performance last night. Just got to finish job off. Just have to get left wing back position right defensively & a goalscorer in. I've said it before move Harding across in place of Tutu. Kelly I'd go for up front I said earlier Kayode but can't see him being answer there.
    Harding should never be on the left, he gives away far to much possession.Tutu did well, until tiredness/injury caught up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    He was aware of the importance of the game and was 'trying too hard'. In a less pressured game he would have dealt with the situation without mishap.

Better to try too hard than not to try at all and I hope that his head won't be affected by it. It's time to be kind.
    Exactly. Best thing we can do is give him a big cheer / sing his name when he comes out to warm up and play on Saturday.

We played well and to be honest sunderland didnt look like scoring before the own goal.

Formation change has worked

Quote Originally Posted by The Hillsborough Miller View Post
    We played well and to be honest sunderland didnt look like scoring before the own goal.

Formation change has worked
    They didn't have a shot on goal the entire match.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast