+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is going to defend Allan Saint-Maximin

The problem I have with this criticism is look at the likes of Joelinton, Schar, Kraft, Fraser. Done fuçk all for nearly 2 year and they are now playing well, over time here they have been called worse than shìte and useless.
    ASM has had a massive hand in survival under the fat useless one before he was sacked and now a bad run and fans are on his back and want rid. Couldn't make this up. If we never had money getting rid and criticism of him wouldn't be happening. Let's not become spoilt bastaŕds because we have a bob or 2.

I can put up with a run of bad form but he as they say is a one trick pony and has been found out but the most disappointing thing is that he can’t do 90 mins he looks unfit and now seems to have an attitude
    I can’t stand to see any player loosing the ball then trying to claim they have been fouled time after time after time the refs have also worked that out
    Clearly not happy so time for him to move on

The most disappointing part of his game is that he gives up when he loses the ball - not acceptable at this level. He did it once in the opposition corner when we were trying to run the clock down - this indicates an attitude problem and is concerning.

Remember, this Liverpool sides on for the quadruple, one of the best sides I've ever seen and had a complete fortune spent on it - they are at least 2 steps above us.

We did well and I refuse to get on any players back. This game was a shot to nothing and a chance for our players to see where they need to get to. If they can, great if not our owners will bring in the ones who can.

Mazi.is one of the few threats we have and every opponent knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    The most disappointing part of his game is that he gives up when he loses the ball - not acceptable at this level.
    Aye. It irritates the fu'ck out of me when he does that...but:

• virtually the entire Man U side and many others do this
    • this can be trained out BUT
    • he'd be chasing back twice as much as anyone because he takes players on more than nearly anyone in the PL. Can't be expected to track Partdue style. He needs cover when he goes forward

Personally I don't want him tracking back. Its an obsession that has crept into the game that 10 outfield players need to track back when possession is lost. He can do more damage going the other way. Look when he stayed forward against Wolves. Clever flick led to the attack that led to the penalty that led to us winning the game.
    It was never a problem before the money as before the money he would have been sold and not replaced. Now we have a few quid, a player with more than enough credit in the bank for past performances is getting slated and those that couldn't give a shìt or hit a barn door before Howe came in are lauded as heroes all of a sudden.

I used to think that having better players around Maxi would help but after months of offering very little to the team i'm not so sure. He gets enough of the ball but it's his decision making that's the problem imo. When to pass or shoot, where to dribble etc. And like everyone else i'm tired of him throwing a strop every time he doesn't get a foul for the slightest bit of contact.

He's probably worth persevering with though for another season. We definitely need more options off the bench next season if we're going to climb the league and he could be good for that

We were all fed up with Joelinton 6 months ago and wanted rid. How many would want him out now. I think ASM has struggled lately without Wilson being in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    We were all fed up with Joelinton 6 months ago and wanted rid. How many would want him out now. I think ASM has struggled lately without Wilson being in the team.
    Good to see you back on, Geordie-love the avatar.

Very good point about Joelinton and about the lack of a proper striker.

(well, ok, Wood is a proper striker...just not a very good one. )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)