+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So sad for BARNSLEY

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I actually thought the attendance of 3,090 was a mistake……if you add in probably a fair amount of travelling fans that’s a shocking turn out even for a team that’s already down..
    I thought the attendance figures were wrong, but 3,090 came up each time, unless they turned
    off the turnstile counting system.

Don’t really mind the Tarn. My only issue is we might need the 3 points from Swillsbro to keep us up next season so them going up in the playoffs might help?

Boothy can you back up your accusations with actual figures? Can’t remember about Ajayi and Vaulks but this year didn’t we pay fees for Rathbone and Odoffin who basically replaced Crooks? Grigg I’m sure was on big money Reg and Tutu loans won’t be cheap Bola I think we paid Arsenal a fee and so on rest of squad play for free do they?
    We do all this on 10.000 gates pretty sure some of the money will have been used for club running costs surely even you could leave it alone on today of all days
    What a sad individual you are

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Money from past transfers not been spent.

Still wondering we're the vaulks aj and crooks money is
    We’ve just had two years of covid.

Football is an expensive business. Just download the accounts. Take particular notice to the TV money distribution.

Pretty easy to work out.

We just about live within our means. There was a time we didn’t. Look where that got us.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Not good to see a local Yorkshire club Barnsley get relegated.

The club has not been run properly this season, to many managers, money from past
    transfers not spent, on bringing players in, & the upkeep of the Oakwell ground, which
    is rundown.
    With a Hong Kong group [Chien Lee Pacific Media Group], Cryne family & Barnsley council
    all having interests in the ownership.

I feel sorry for the fans of Barnsley FC, to which they showed their dismay today, with a poor
    attendance for a championship match against Preston North End, with Preston winning 3-1.

Todays attendance - 3,090
    No it wasn't .

It was 13,090 the beeb with the typo error .

That said it wasn't 13,090 either because we count the ST's whether they attend or not .

Probably half of that in reality .

Congrats on the promotion .

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    No sympathy at all.
    Congrats on the promotion today .

Hope you stay up next season .

I watched your game today and you handled the occasion very well .

With what was on the line I thought you deserved great credit with the way you went about it .

If you'd have slipped in to the play offs then I don't know so much .

Got to roll with the punches right now but that's football .

We'll be back , not too sure when mind .

Not good here to say the least at the moment but football fortunes can change very quickly .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I watched your game today and you handled the occasion very well .

With what was on the line I thought you deserved great credit with the way you went about it .

If you'd have slipped in to the play offs then I don't know so much .

Got to roll with the punches right now but that's football .

We'll be back , not too sure when mind .

Not good here to say the least at the moment but football fortunes can change very quickly .
    Thanks for clearing the attendance numbers up Animal.
    Hopefully you can bounce back, get the ground sorted, & hopefully get issues sorted out in the boardroom,
    while also looking for a new manager, who will bring back a positive solution to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Thanks for clearing the attendance numbers up Animal.
    Hopefully you can bounce back, get the ground sorted, & hopefully get issues sorted out in the boardroom,
    while also looking for a new manager, who will bring back a positive solution to the club.
    Aye it's a bit shyte at the moment to say the least with some real financial issues to navigate just to add .

The thing is its football , just that .

Plenty going on at the moment which is way more worrying .

Off to Majorca first thing Monday morning for a week , first reight break we've had since before the pandemic me and our lass .

Every cloud and all that .

All the best .

I’ll be honest, Barnsley really irritate me and I’m glad they’ve gone down. I hope they go down again.

It’s the people from round Wath and Brampton who p1ss me off.

Also, a guy from Bolton (on dearne) told me he hated us rapists.

I prefer Wednesday to Barnsley and I’m not fussed if anyone has a problem with that!!

Animal - enjoy league 1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast