+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: ❔ Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Dover Athletic 02.05.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    6,523 attendance with 72 from Dover
    As confirmed by Les Bradd during a recent tour of the ground, match day attendances include season tickets holders, not in attendance on the day. This explains why attendances are higher than supporters perceptions.
    Last edited by GranthamPie; 02-05-2022 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    That's a good gate. the trouble is next season, if things on the playing front don't improve I can see a big drop off, which will have a knock on effect to signing players as the new regulations come into effect
    But we've read that ever season since relegation was confirmed. There were fears of sub 4000 gates in NL when we got relegated cos fans wouldn't bother gong. Then it was a worry that gates would drop after not getting promoted as the new NL ground experience wears off. Same the following season.

Maybe those 14 home wins this season to date has something to do with the fantastic home attendances.

How big are drop off do you envisage?

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    As confirmed by Les Bradd during a recent tour of the ground, match day attendances include season tickets holders, not in attendance on the day. This explains why attendances are higher than supporters perceptions.
    That's interesting Grantham, heard this statement a few times. I wonder how many that would actually account for on days such as yesterday and against the likes of Kings Lynn and Weymouth. I'd guess under 100-200 max which still results in fantastic attendances all season at the lane.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    But we've read that ever season since relegation was confirmed. There were fears of sub 4000 gates in NL when we got relegated cos fans wouldn't bother gong. Then it was a worry that gates would drop after not getting promoted as the new NL ground experience wears off. Same the following season.

Maybe those 14 home wins this season to date has something to do with the fantastic home attendances.

How big are drop off do you envisage?
    Can see them dropping off by 1k at least if people don't get a "buzz" in the Summer from potential signings, the possible selling of Rodders, how we start the season, especially if performances are lacking energy & grit, plus the big one for most folk is, cost of living, will be hitting hard by then I would imagine for a good few.
    That is a lot for Notts when FFP kicks in

Interesting. I agree I think the increased cost of living and the short term added boost to demand post pandemic will have the most impact across the board for many clubs.

But as I've said I've read similar on NCM many many times before especially about signings/lack of buzz etc.

I know if we sell Rodders I will be wearing black that day but you can't blame the player he's had a tremendous season without a doubt.

Who knows we may pick up another Rùben during the summer I'm sure the computers are doing some hard graft to identify gems out there#radar

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Interesting. I agree I think the increased cost of living and the short term added boost to demand post pandemic will have the most impact across the board for many clubs.

But as I've said I've read similar on NCM many many times before especially about signings/lack of buzz etc.

I know if we sell Rodders I will be wearing black that day but you can't blame the player he's had a tremendous season without a doubt.

Who knows we may pick up another Rùben during the summer I'm sure the computers are doing some hard graft to identify gems out there#radar
    Rodders will go I think, even if we did get up. Weren't Rovrum one of the clubs last season who were interested & are now back up to the Championship. He will be the hardest to replace. I know he is classed as a luxury player but he gets goals & assists to go with it.
    Very hard to find an English player for us like that. I personally think European players are more technically gifted & brexit has seen to that, for us.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Can see them dropping off by 1k at least if people don't get a "buzz" in the Summer from potential signings, the possible selling of Rodders, how we start the season, especially if performances are lacking energy & grit, plus the big one for most folk is, cost of living, will be hitting hard by then I would imagine for a good few.
    That is a lot for Notts when FFP kicks in
    I haven't yet spoken to a ST holder who is not renewing in fact most I have spoken to already have including myself ( I always speak to myself) If the reds & stags go up & we don't we could lose a few but I doubt it will be many.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I haven't yet spoken to a ST holder who is not renewing in fact most I have spoken to already have including myself ( I always speak to myself) If the reds & stags go up & we don't we could lose a few but I doubt it will be many.
    Longer term, we've got two previous examples of what happened when Fword were notably successful.

First time (post Fwords 1958 promotion and 1959 FA Cup win) was the then worst decade in Notts history and the club almost folding in 1965

Second time, Notts managed to remain one division below and then joined Fword in the top flight, but the gates were a disaster and ultimately we dropped two levels and that climaxed with the crisis meeting at the Astoria.

You could say Fword doing badly hasn't helped Notts either, though the counter argument to that would be Fword's failure to do anything of note post Clough is the only reason the club has not gone to the wall despite sinking as low as we now have.

No guarantee that Fword's current success will last beyond this season, they could come crashing back down again, humiliated. But it has to be a concern based on what's gone before.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

No guarantee that Fword's current success will last beyond this season, they could come crashing back down again, humiliated. But it has to be a concern based on what's gone before.
    They haven't even gone up yet!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    They haven't even gone up yet!
    I've got everything crossed, but they will be clear favourites in the play offs if that's what they end up in. They beat Fulham last week who thrashed play-off bound Luton 7-0 last night - who they would most likely play in the SF, so I've not got much confidence in the other teams up there. Luton did beat Fword recently, but over 2 legs and at the City Ground in the 2nd leg, I wouldn't give Luton much chance. I was hoping Wilder would do it with Middlesbrough but he seemed to be totally distracted by the the possibility of landing the Burnley job. So we're probably looking to Sheff Utd to do us a favour again, with no Des Walker around to score an OG this time.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast