+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dear Mark and Tony, time to ramp it up

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Massive thanks to the Ogrens

We might still be struggling in the championship if it were not for them - that is the reality

They have turned it around and let’s hope this is only the start

Credit also has to go to recruitment team

They have brought in a number players better than what we had before :

Watt
    Fuchs
    Levitt
    Mulgrew - who some were unsure of when he came in

There’s a great spine of a team there.

Big work to do in the summer but I actually think it’s more high quality players at spine of team - striker, midfielder and defender we need.

Well done to all now let’s kick on and focus on securing 4th

Come on United ������
    Erm Fuchs left in January

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Erm Fuchs left in January
    Yes but he was recruited under the Ogrens

Have to look at our recruitment record since current regime has come in if going to judge them

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Yes but he was recruited under the Ogrens

Have to look at our recruitment record since current regime has come in if going to judge them
    Yeah I was referring to your point that Watt, Fuchs, Levitt and Mulgrew are a great spine, not if one of them is no longer here. There has been plenty of poor recruitment too so it's not been all sunshine and roses. McNulty getting a second season plus the lack of a replacement for Shankland. The shyte business we did in January also

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Yeah I was referring to your point that Watt, Fuchs, Levitt and Mulgrew are a great spine, not if one of them is no longer here. There has been plenty of poor recruitment too so it's not been all sunshine and roses. McNulty getting a second season plus the lack of a replacement for Shankland. The shyte business we did in January also

That sh*te business looks to have paid off though, don't you think? We let what, 10 players go? A complete cost cutting exercise which I think we can all agree, had to happen, given our wages to turnover ratio. On the back of that we've still managed to secure top six. If we do end up getting 4th then freeing up all those wages without affecting our league position has to be seen as a very well calculated gamble, if it isn't already that, given top six was the remit this season. We are where we set out to be at the start of the season and we've gone some way to balancing the books as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    [/B]

That sh*te business looks to have paid off though, don't you think? We let what, 10 players go? A complete cost cutting exercise which I think we can all agree, had to happen, given our wages to turnover ratio. On the back of that we've still managed to secure top six. If we do end up getting 4th then freeing up all those wages without affecting our league position has to be seen as a very well calculated gamble, if it isn't already that, given top six was the remit this season. We are where we set out to be at the start of the season and we've gone some way to balancing the books as well.
    Yeah, I agree. It's quite remarkable what TC has achieved this season I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    [/B]

Kind of agree, but it's tempered by the fact that we still paid wages to McNulty, Biamou, Akinola and a goalkeeper who's not had a single game and looks to be on his way out without ever making an appearance.

Edit to add Mcdonald to the list and remove Biamou as he wasn't signed in January
    Last edited by Arabdownsouth; 04-05-2022 at 10:06 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)