+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stockport

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Yes I agree that if we fail we fail but the consequences of that failure is likely to be enormous, especially with what is happening elsewhere in the county. We could be 4 (yes four) divisions below Florest and 2 below Mansfailed. We will I fear become a non-league club, not a league club that happens to be in the wrong division. We have had nearly 3 years of this new business model and it hasn't got us very far yet. In fact if we don't go up we are likely to start next season minus 50 goals (Wootton, Rodrigues & Roberts)
    Mathematically we could finish as high as 3rd or as low as 11th. 3rd and 4th are probably gone and 8th is a distinct possibility if we don't get 6 points out of our last 3 games. In fact, even if we win all our last 3 games it doesn't guarantee 5th.
    As you can probably tell I am on a real downer today. I hope I feel better by 5 o'clock.

Yes we have played some nice attractive football at times this season but there is nothing attractive about losing 4-1 at home to Woking or 5-1 away to Southend or 3-1 to Aldershot

I don't believe 4 players from that Dover game were injured. Unless injuries or suspensions force his hand he has to play his best team every match from now on and to hell with squad rotation for rotations sake.
    I never said 4 players were injured I said may have knocks which we didnt want to risk, we wont be the only club to do that you need to keep squad players involved.

We could be further behind Forest/Stags agreed but you could spin it the other way we could be 2 leagues below them and same league as Stags.

Sitting worrying about what may happen wont change things either way its up to us to perform when it matters.

You say we have had 3 years of this model but first season they joined during pre season so didnt get to plan properly then chuck in Covid BCD football which wasnt easy for any club.

Hardy left this club in a real mess its important to not forget that and you cant just wave a magic wand and everything is all dandy 3 years in business terms is not a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Fair enough. So a supporter is not necessarily an attendee of every match. That's what I wanted to hear.
    If that’s how you perceive it then that makes me a non supporter too, as I can’t be bothered going this afternoon there are more attractive options this afternoon as others have pointed out and doing instead.

Like me cleaning horse sheite out and going food shopping

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Could you define the difference between your 'supporters' and 'followers' definitions please? I have a horrible suspicion that you don't think people who can't or don't attend matches spend any money supporting the club. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Clearly everyone who is on here every day or more are fans (fanatics) by any sensible definition, regardless of whether they're able to physically attend all or some matches, either home or away. Many of those of us who are, for whatever reason, unable to attend as regularly as we used to, still buy season tickets and merchandise etc., subscribe to Lifeline, subscribe to PiesPlayer etc. to financially support our beloved club. Some of us have contributed in other financial ways including player and match sponsorships, in many cases undoubtedly spending far more than the price of a season ticket to do so.

I'm sure there are some who could attend who choose not to, and of course that's absolutely fine, but equally there are those who would love to attend but can't. I don't think it is helpful to a club that's striving to maintain its fanbase at a lower level to have fans trying to diminish the contributions of other fans. If that isn't what you're doing then apologies for misunderstanding your new terminology.
    An excellent post Swale. 99% of the time we don't know the real life situation of other people on here. So talking down and diminishing others is badly misplaced and without foundation.

You shouldn't get too hung up about the terminology of supporter or fan. I've never seen it universally defined and agreed. If it's based purely on finances to the club than that is a very limited and short term definition in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    If that’s how you perceive it then that makes me a non supporter too, as I can’t be bothered going this afternoon there are more attractive options this afternoon as others have pointed out and doing instead.
    Not going doesn't make you a non-supporter. You must have misunderstood. That is almost the exact opposite of what I'm saying

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Like me cleaning horse sheite out and going food shopping
    Sounds great, but you'll be occasionally checking the score at Meadow Lane though right?

Going back to Stockport……Wrexham were 10-1 for the title prior to todays games….considering they still have to play each other. I think that’s could be pretty decent if results go badly for Stockport today.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Going back to Stockport……Wrexham were 10-1 for the title prior to todays games….considering they still have to play each other. I think that’s could be pretty decent if results go badly for Stockport today.
    Agree very good odds as Stocky have tough games left

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234