+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list and transfer targets

Gru you need to visit Barnard Castle. It’s surprising how much you can’t see in our players.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    So didn’t Paul Hurst, ALF or Johnny Quinn deserve to be Millers. Probably the best smaller players we have ever had at the club.

Barry Lyons Towner two more but football it's changed no chance of getting players like them. Just take away the risk factor more chance of finding the right players that fit into the right age height category.

Think there will be 2 centre halves coming in (the Accrington lad and the Irish kid at Oxford ?). Icky might well finish up at Bolton and Wood must know he's not now up to Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Pure speculation, founded on nothing. You've just made that up. Baseless.
    I am in agreement.

There are plenty of players already playing in the Championship, who are over 30, but we will probably not be able to sign the majority of them. Not due to their age but due to the excessive wages that they will expect.

There are lots of players in the Premier League who are 30 and they seem to be doing ok, so why shouldn't we be looking at anyone over 30.

Don't get me wrong, I think our transfer policy should be geared to buying younger players with a potential re-sale value were possible, but you can't beat having some experienced players in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    I am in agreement.

There are plenty of players already playing in the Championship, who are over 30, but we will probably not be able to sign the majority of them. Not due to their age but due to the excessive wages that they will expect.

There are lots of players in the Premier League who are 30 and they seem to be doing ok, so why shouldn't we be looking at anyone over 30.

Don't get me wrong, I think our transfer policy should be geared to buying younger players with a potential re-sale value were possible, but you can't beat having some experienced players in the squad.
    I agree completely.

James Milner has just signed a one year contract extension at Liverpool at the age of 36, and he's less than six feet tall. You really should have a word with Klopp gru to explain to him where he's going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    James Milner has just signed a one year contract extension at Liverpool at the age of 36, and he's less than six feet tall. You really should have a word with Klopp gru to explain to him where he's going wrong.

Never watch them. Got my reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Never watch them. Got my reasons.
    Jurgen Klopp's grandad bombed your chippy?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Jurgen Klopp's grandad bombed your chippy?
    😂

When do we announce our retained list? Is there a set date? After Vegas presumably, bit of a mood killer.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast