+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list and transfer targets

I don’t care if Morris has experience in championship he can **** off

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Wow! You'd let Miller go?
    Wood will be staying and Will Grigg will be signing a deal.
    I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see MacDonald playing a major role next season.
    Miller and McDonald are too much of a risk, like both but we cannot carry anyone. Hence why I would move Wood on as well. Grigg agree he will be staying.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Miller is great but if he keeps picking injuries up then how many games will he play, needs thinking about but I do like him
    Our club has a decent record of identifying injuries, working to strengthen the player and then getting the best out of them.

I see nothing but him taking on the left hand side role and becoming a star in the Championship

Grigg will be looking for a club south of Birmingham. He's not Championship class anyway.

Move on:

Mattock
    MacDonald (for the club, don't want to)
    Bola (loan or sell)
    Ladapo
    JJ (loan)

On the fence about:

Grigg (70-30 keep)
    Odoffin (how will we use him?)
    Cooper (no idea about development, likely loan)
    All other youngsters, probably loan out unless a breakout.
    Osei-Tutu (50-50, I don't know)
    Miller (80-20 keep, worried about hamstring issues)

Try and keep everyone else. As for Carlton Morris as a replacement for Smudge, resounding no from me.

Oh and add Kelly to the fence, still no real idea of his overall game and whether it is good enough for Championship.

Goalies taken care of thankfully.

Wes harding will be ok on right side of defence We will need to replace Reg unless we can get him back again on loan which will prob mean hudders going up to do that. Woody only a bit part now I'm afraid in the champ. Go and get the 2 big uncompromising accy centre halves forget their names. We also need the perennial prob of finding a left back/ Left sided defender.

Midfield: Hang on to Barlaser and Lyndsay and get a decent championship standard midfielder in as a leader.

Up front: Stockton and a starlet on loan from a higher club. Keep hold of Ogbene and miller but they may need some loan cover maybe.

Jobs a good un.

Players to go: Dont want him to but think he will, Smudge, also mattock, Wiles if big offer comes in , ladapo.

Get Kayode out on loan to a decent league 1 club. Also some of young defenders but would be tempted to keep Hull or Cooper. See if we have a starlet from dev team as well.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 02-05-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Move on:

Mattock
    MacDonald (for the club, don't want to)
    Bola (loan or sell)
    Ladapo
    JJ (loan)

On the fence about:

Grigg (70-30 keep)
    Odoffin (how will we use him?)
    Cooper (no idea about development, likely loan)
    All other youngsters, probably loan out unless a breakout.
    Osei-Tutu (50-50, I don't know)
    Miller (80-20 keep, worried about hamstring issues)

Try and keep everyone else. As for Carlton Morris as a replacement for Smudge, resounding no from me.
    Sorry for shouting but YOU CANNOT GET RID OF A LB we have problems getting them in

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Sorry for shouting but YOU CANNOT GET RID OF A LB we have problems getting them in
    Would anyone have Ben Purrington back, out of contract at Charlton left back or wing back still only 25?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Goalies taken care of thankfully.
    Wes harding will be ok on right side of defence We will need to replace Reg unless we can get him back again on loan which will prob mean hudders going up to do that. Woody only a bit part now I'm afraid in the champ. Go and get the 2 big uncompromising accy centre halves forget their names. We also need the perennial prob of finding a left back/ Left sided defender.

Midfield: Hang on to Barlaser and Lyndsay and get a decent championship standard midfielder in as a leader.

Up front: Stockton and a starlet on loan from a higher club. Keep hold of Ogbene and miller but they may need some loan cover maybe.

Jobs a good un.

Players to go: Dont want him to but think he will, Smudge, also mattock, Wiles if big offer comes in , ladapo.

Get Kayode out on loan to a decent league 1 club. Also some of young defenders but would be tempted to keep Hull or Cooper. See if we have a starlet from dev team as well.
    Purrington for left back Stockton a good shout alongside Smith think Kelly will be out on loan initially Tutu may be released at Arsenal so he is a contender Vaulks as the midfield leader

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast