+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: After Arter

Don't know what to really make of this, as by all accounts we weren't looking & he offered his services & also not match fit. A proven goal scorer would ease a lot of pressure off the midfield & defence. Someone who can convert the chances we do create. Problem is, every team wants a goal scorer

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Don't know what to really make of this, as by all accounts we weren't looking & he offered his services & also not match fit. A proven goal scorer would ease a lot of pressure off the midfield & defence. Someone who can convert the chances we do create. Problem is, every team wants a goal scorer
    TBH excited as I am about Arter, i'd have been more so about signing an experienced NL DM along the lines of Croasdale at Stockport. But I do think we need a new defensive and aggressive player in midfield. If Arter gets fit quickly and becomes that then it will probably mean Francis and Vincent both become bench players for the run in.

Agree about the proven goalscorer. I am also led to believe Michael Cheek at Bromley is out of contract at the end of the season. I realise he's not a typical Radar signing, but I think someone experienced at this level like him could be exactly what we need to complement the squad. Surely we can offer more than Bromley come the close season?

Oh look! Another midfielder.
    How many midfield players does IB want?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    We didn't persuade anyone ( from what I have read). He instigated it. From a psychology perspective alone I find that a bit weird but its an open book until we see what he can do. Definatley on the surface a coup. But lets see.
    If this is true, then the logical conclusion is that Arter really wants to play rather than just sit and collect his wage at Forest, which is generally what you want to hear from a player. Something has clearly gone awry in his career in recent times, but it's not all that long ago he was playing in the Premier League for Bournemouth, so you would hope he can make a significant contribution at our level even if he's not playing at full throttle until he gets fitter. He doesn't solve our height problem in midfield, but his other attributes as a battling, experienced central or defensive midfielder should strengthen us in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Oh look! Another midfielder.
    How many midfield players does IB want?
    Any that are better than the ones we currently have. I get it that we need a goalscorer, but Francis, Vincent and Brunt have been outplayed and outfought in the recent big games. Chesterfield, particularly, was boys against men, and Stockport sounded like it too.

I'm not writing them off, none of them have had a full season before in men's football, but we're looking tired in the middle.

Palmer must be stretched too, having to cover a lot of ground and playing, as far as I am aware, every minute of all but one NL and FA Cup game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If this is true, then the logical conclusion is that Arter really wants to play rather than just sit and collect his wage at Forest, which is generally what you want to hear from a player. Something has clearly gone awry in his career in recent times, but it's not all that long ago he was playing in the Premier League for Bournemouth, so you would hope he can make a significant contribution at our level even if he's not playing at full throttle until he gets fitter. He doesn't solve our height problem in midfield, but his other attributes as a battling, experienced central or defensive midfielder should strengthen us in that area.
    Well I can safely say Wootton will be gone at the end of season
    Portsmouth!
    His head hasnt been right since the interest and in all honesty should of just gone.
    He isn’t out of form,his head has been turned no doubt..
    I have a lot of friends whom are Pompey fans..
    And some very close to the club.
    They have said he’s going Pompey when his contract runs out regardless of what happen with notts..
    So I’m not surprised with his form at the moment..
    I also hear on the grapevine a striker is in talks with notts..
    Let’s see eh…
    Arter will be a good signing
    Give him a few games to adjust..
    And does sound pretty pished about football and I think like someone else said,looking to fall back in love with football..

I take on board comments re goalscorer an CB. But many have also suggested we need someone with a bit of presence in midfield. We’ve signed someone who will have some presence in midfield and we the get silly comments about signing another midfielder.

If Arter had turned up at Chesterfield, there would have been suggestions that we missed an opportunity and that the owners have no ambition. The guy is, reportedly, on £38k a week. Proven quality at an higher level. Why wouldn’t we take the opportunity to have him for the remainder of the season?

Arter may or may not work out. But, there’s more than a reasonable chance he will. Based on his experience and undoubted ability. Is he up for it, well why instigate the move if he isn’t?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-03-2022 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Typo fixed for you

It's just Big Bob it's to be expected.

Bushwacka's reasoned response was perfect. If he performs better than the 3 midfielders mentioned then it's a good loan signing.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Well I can safely say Wootton will be gone at the end of season
    Portsmouth!
    His head hasnt been right since the interest and in all honesty should of just gone.
    He isn’t out of form,his head has been turned no doubt..
    I have a lot of friends whom are Pompey fans..
    And some very close to the club.
    They have said he’s going Pompey when his contract runs out regardless of what happen with notts..
    So I’m not surprised with his form at the moment..
    I also hear on the grapevine a striker is in talks with notts..
    Let’s see eh…
    Arter will be a good signing
    Give him a few games to adjust..
    And does sound pretty pished about football and I think like someone else said,looking to fall back in love with football..

Is
    this meant
    to be
    a
    poem?

I didn’t know it
    I was a poet
    Been called worse del

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast