+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASM having a dig

ASM having a dig

See it's being report that ASM has said the below:

@asaintmaximin
    via So Foot magazine:

“Those who have played alongside me know that when it comes to quality, I have no need to be jealous of Sadio Mane

“The day I get a team-mate who is able to convert the chances I create, I will have 10-15 successful assists every season”

“That will increase my profile in people's minds.

“My aim is to do things that leave a mark on people's minds, and to change the rules.

"In a similar way to what Michael Jordan has managed to do. He has changed people's lives.”

That can only be a dig at Wood and I really don't think it'll go down well with Howe, or the rest of the squad.

Hes right.

But hes cnt for sayin it, we already know.

Hope hes watching the City game and Benzema, thats what we expect with this gob****eing.

In his defence, I suspect that he was trying to big himself up as opposed to having a go at Wood?

Maybe he was but it really doesn't come across like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Maybe he was but it really doesn't come across like that.
    Possibly not...but the catharsis I achieved by aiming both barrels at Johnson in the other thread left me feeling quite benevolent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    See it's being report that ASM has said the below:

@asaintmaximin
    via So Foot magazine:

“Those who have played alongside me know that when it comes to quality, I have no need to be jealous of Sadio Mane

“The day I get a team-mate who is able to convert the chances I create, I will have 10-15 successful assists every season”

“That will increase my profile in people's minds.

“My aim is to do things that leave a mark on people's minds, and to change the rules.

"In a similar way to what Michael Jordan has managed to do. He has changed people's lives.”

That can only be a dig at Wood and I really don't think it'll go down well with Howe, or the rest of the squad.
    But he doesn’t set up many chances though does he? No player anywhere can guess where he’s going or what he’s going to do with the ball. If he’s not getting the number of assists he wants, then he needs to look at himself not find fault in his team mates.

His team mates do make runs when he’s on the ball but more often than not he doesn’t release the ball and runs into a dead end. That’s the part of his game he needs to work on.
    Last edited by toptoon; 05-05-2022 at 02:08 AM.

Can't imagine Wood is his best friend after that but he is right.

He also needs a filter.

I don’t remember him complaining when we were sh*te and he was our ‘stand out’ player. Seems that now he has better players around him, there is a problem?
    Maybe he likes to be the big fish in a small pond?

What a (unt, blame others for hes poor stats... Well, that just undeline the fact that hes no team player.

Never has been, never will be.

Sell the fecker, we can do way better than him now.

I'm struggling to recall all the chances he has apparently laid on for Wood, or indeed for anyone else.
    What I can recall is the large number of simple 5 metre passes that have failed to connect e.g. the attempt to setup Longstaff the other week (though on the plus side the pass was so poor it actually managed to setup a completely different player and led to a goal).

However I'm with Zippity in that I think he was simply bigging himself up and wasn't having a dig at anyone else. I think that often too much is read into many players' comments that are probably made with not a lot of thought put into them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)