+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley Fc transfer news, 2022-23

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Name:  D703BD1F-2B30-48DD-BB3E-879683537485.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  10.4 KB

Barnsley Football Club is excited to announce the signing of goalkeeper Jamie Searle on a free transfer, subject to clearances.

A full international with New Zealand after making his debut in March of this year, the 21-year-old stopper joins the Club on a two-year deal.

Standing at 6’5” tall, Searle most recently spent time with Swansea City, after first moving to English football from his native New Zealand back in 2019 to join Aston Villa.

After putting pen to paper at Oakwell today, Jamie told us: “I’m looking forward to it.

“It’s been a while coming. To really go out there and show what I can do is really what I’m looking forward to.

““I want to make my debut, play as many games as I can and do as well as I can for the club. For the club, it’s to get back to the Championship. That’s everyone’s goal.”

Barnsley FC Chief Executive Officer, Khaled El-Ahmad added: “We are happy that Jamie has decided that Barnsley is the best place for him to take the next step in his career and will bolster our already excellent options in the goalkeeper position."

Jamie will join the Reds officially from July 1, linking up with Michael Duff's squad ahead of the 22/23 season.

Welcome to Oakwell, Jamie Searle!
    Welcome to the club big lad .

So we now have 3 keepers fighting for the shirt.

Can't really believe both Collins and Walton will be staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post

We had 3 last season the third being Jinadu who ended up on the bench when Collins got injured at the end of last season , Jinadu has now been released & I believe the new lad is his replacement & if you think about it you realistically require 2 goalkeepers in a match day squad, so you have to have back up in case there is injury to the 2 first choice keepers .

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post

Me neither .

Collins was earmarked for WBA , doubt that will happen now , wouldn't surprise me if he and a few more expected departures stayed here ! Not all their contracts will carry a relegation clause !

I’ve never been 100% convinced about Collins if I’m honest. He’s great playing the sweeper keeper role but I think he’s average when the pressure is on in the box.

Name:  E7AEA915-1ED0-4000-A8B0-B0864C2A4FCB.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  16.6 KB

Barnsley Football Club is delighted to announce the arrival of midfielder Luca Connell on a free transfer, subject to clearances.

The 21-year-old joins on a 3-year deal after a recent spell with Scottish champions, Celtic.

Born in Liverpool but representing the Republic of Ireland for whom he has featured with right up to U21 level, Luca - naturally left-footed - likes to dictate from central midfield with an eye for a pass and desire to win his individual battles.

Kicking off his career at Bolton Wanderers, his enigmatic displays caught the eye of Scottish giants Celtic who took him north of the border in June of 2019.

Unable to find game-time at Celtic Park, Connell went on to enjoy two separate loan spells further down the pyramid with another Glasgow club in Queen’s Park, helping The Spiders to back-to-back promotions in his 43 appearances for the oldest club in Scotland.

After signing for the Reds, Luca told us: “I’m over the moon to finally get it done.

“Over the years there’s been some speculation about it happening, but I’m finally here and I’m happy to be a Barnsley player.

“My agent is from Barnsley, so he’s told me about the history of the club. He brought Hourihane and [Kieran] Tripper to the club, so there’s high standards. I just know that we need to bounce back to get this club back where it belongs.”

Barnsley FC Chief Executive Officer, Khaled El-Ahmad added: “We are pleased that Luca has chosen Barnsley to continue his promising career and are looking forward to seeing his development in a Reds shirt.”

Luca will join the Reds officially from July 1, linking up with Michael Duff's squad ahead of the 22/23 season.

Welcome to Oakwell, Luca Connell!

Name:  9C944EA5-A96F-4AF4-850E-439366476B9A.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  22.4 KB

Now returning to Admira Wacker, after spells on loan with SV Ried and Esbjerg over the last couple of seasons, Patrick thanked Reds fans for their backing whilst representing Barnsley FC.

“I want to thank the Barnsley fans for their massive support during my time at Barnsley. I‘ve enjoyed every second of wearing this shirt and will keep moments like our ‘great escape‘ in 2020 in my mind forever.

I also want to thank my teammates, coaches and all the people working for the club for creating a good atmosphere at Oakwell. I will leave the club as a player but will stay as a fan forever. All the best for the future to everyone!

You Reds!”
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 17-06-2022 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Name:  9C944EA5-A96F-4AF4-850E-439366476B9A.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  22.4 KB

Now returning to Admira Wacker, after spells on loan with SV Ried and Esbjerg over the last couple of seasons, Patrick thanked Reds fans for their backing whilst representing Barnsley FC.

“I want to thank the Barnsley fans for their massive support during my time at Barnsley. I‘ve enjoyed every second of wearing this shirt and will keep moments like our ‘great escape‘ in 2020 in my mind forever.

I also want to thank my teammates, coaches and all the people working for the club for creating a good atmosphere at Oakwell. I will leave the club as a player but will stay as a fan forever. All the best for the future to everyone!

You Reds!”
    A £1 million pound error by the recruitment team using the spreadsheet. We can't afford any more mistakes on that scale this season. No mention of a fee but at least he is off the wage bill. Nice lad though.

Good luck to you Patrick.

A fringe player off the wage bill makes sense for Barnsley FC as a League 1 club with limited finances.

Who's the next player to depart?

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast