+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 130 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Might need to give my head a wobble but I’d sooner them go for nowt than sell to a team in same division for 1 million
    Blackpool would be a sideways move for Barlaser anyway, and the 1 million plus is an insult if it's true.
    I agree that I'd sooner him stay and try help keep us in championship this season and lose him for nothing at the end of it than give him away now for a poor offer. UTM

Might be a sideways move but they'll pay him much more than we do i imagine. Looking at the daft money circulating at the moment i wouldn't be accepting less than £5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Might be a sideways move but they'll pay him much more than we do i imagine. Looking at the daft money circulating at the moment i wouldn't be accepting less than £5 million.
    Agreed. If you listen to PW he states that we are not the same team without him in it. So to lose such a player as him, now the season has started we would really struggle to revover, therefore his value to us is enormous way above £5m. We should state clearly that no first team players are leaving Rotherham this window, no matter what the money. That would put an end to it.

Don’t think it would be a side ways move for barlaser. Probably pay him more and at least Blackpool are making the right sounds bout wanting to stay in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Agreed. If you listen to PW he states that we are not the same team without him in it. So to lose such a player as him, now the season has started we would really struggle to revover, therefore his value to us is enormous way above £5m. We should state clearly that no first team players are leaving Rotherham this window, no matter what the money. That would put an end to it.

If they are still under contract 23/24 season or we have option to extend their contract into that season. Chieo at the moment he goes for nothing start of that season.

Newcastle said to have a 50% sell on clause with Dan also. Makes selling for a mil even more pointless than it already is when we won't replace him for 500k. No way should we be contemplating selling our best passer when we already struggle in that area compared with the rest of the league.

We would be foolish to sell any our decent players now because we have shown already we cant even replace players like Smudge. The only way we could perhaps persuade them to stay is by having a good season and looking like we will stay up. In short we have to get a foothold in this league if we are to attract/ keep players. Prob needs a bit of gambling on TSs part. But will he do it/ Can he do it? They are the big questions.

I have no idea what Barlaser is being paid but I'll guess it's nowhere near what he could earn at virtually any other Championship club.
    TS said he offered a "wallet busting" deal to Michael Smith. Well here's a thought Tony, why don't you do the same for Barlaser because he's arguably a more important player to the team than Smith was.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I have no idea what Barlaser is being paid but I'll guess it's nowhere near what he could earn at virtually any other Championship club.
    TS said he offered a "wallet busting" deal to Michael Smith. Well here's a thought Tony, why don't you do the same for Barlaser because he's arguably a more important player to the team than Smith was.
    Great point!

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I've a sneaky feeling that Dan's agent might also know that (and if he didn't he does now if he reads MM). Unfortunately, Dan won't see playing for RUFC as the pinnacle of his career and no doubt will be setting his sights on somewhere else on the assumption he'll have a decent season with us. If lads born in Rawmarsh can be tempted away from RUFC then ones not born in the borough certainly will be.

Page 130 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast