+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 115 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    We have the best manager we have ever had and the board must back him.The money is there and if we want to consolidate our position in this division we need to invest it wisely by supporting him.
    MillerBill have you moved in with gru???? we were gazumpt by Stoke a few weeks ago when a young midfielder from Southampton was vertually on his way up M1......last minute agent says Rotherham or Stoke. ffs thats what we up against, nothing to do with TS not backing manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    MillerBill have you moved in with gru???? we were gazumpt by Stoke a few weeks ago when a young midfielder from Southampton was vertually on his way up M1......last minute agent says Rotherham or Stoke. ffs thats what we up against, nothing to do with TS not backing manager.
    Yes Archie, unfortunately lots of our supporters have no idea how professional football works ? For instance we could have offered Smith and Icky 20k a week but would we have been better off or stronger ? Absolutely not, the chairman having backed us on the road to liquidation !

I have it on very good authority Smallbone the midfielder in question was actually in the building about to sign the paperwork before deciding to go to Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPELMILLER View Post
    I have it on very good authority Smallbone the midfielder in question was actually in the building about to sign the paperwork before deciding to go to Stoke.

Got 4 midfielders I'd say offensive. Lindsay can get his foot in but not an out & out holding midfielder so why get another on loan?

OK, we'll leave it while the end of the month to see what support the manager has been given.I may be proved wrong.

Yes, it's a pity the Smallbone's not connected to the Rathbone

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    OK, we'll leave it while the end of the month to see what support the manager has been given.I may be proved wrong.
    Don't need to wait till then to see a number of examples this summer of the manager being backed. Never mind the deals that didn't come off despite being backed. Recruiting a striker is important to our season, very important, but it isn't the only measurement tool when it comes to how much backing the manager has had.

If we fail to recruit a striker that can help us then it will be a failure of sorts but that doesn't mean you can ignore the rest of the recruitment when discussing the support of the chairman. It is, and always will be, the hardest area to recruit. Especially for clubs in our kind of position. The premium makes so many unattainable and the below average become inflated to a level of pay that isn't really justified in comparison to others in the squad.

Smallbone not signing

Pelvis has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Smallbone not signing

Pelvis has left the building
    Well done for reducing another thread to shyte

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Well done for reducing another thread to shyte
    But at least it bumped the topic up the board, nobody seems to want to contribute anything.

No signings, no imminents, nothing

Page 115 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast