+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 132 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And basically that £5m a year is still peanuts.

Needs much more than that for this club to achieve any significant and lasting improvement
    we have been very close to staying up the last two seasons in the championship. 5million could have made the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPELMILLER View Post
    Until he puts it out there for potential investors we will never know

I'd happily pay more for my ticket if I knew the money would be reinvested in the playing squad, unfortunately I don't think it would be.
    The last time at this level when fans couldn't attend we were competive enough to miss out on staying up by conceding a late goal to Cardiff. We had a chance to strengthen in January but TS wouldn't give Warne the funds. If we'd have stayed up we would then have become a more attractive club to sign for. The fact we yoyo is not helping us attract the sort of players we need to achieve the goal that the Chairman has set.
    agree with the above.

What is rumoured to be a million would not buy two fingers of Dan Barlaser and that's what TS should be giving Blackpool, the two fingers.Nothing less than 5 million but as mentioned before,we must at least offer much much more improved contracts to protect us from losing these assets we have at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPELMILLER View Post
    The Chairman is nothing but a charlatan!
    He loves the limelight when we're doing well and gaining promotion. He talks the same twaddle everytime we've reached this level under Warne. He clearly stated he would back the manager so we could be competitive this season. He's now changed his tune now the season tickets have been purchased. Saying he'll invest if we stay up this season and then 10th next season! He's living in cloud cuckoo land!
    The striker who's agreed to come, doesn't really want to He's just trying to spark interest from elsewhere. There has to be a timescale on a transfer otherwise the longer it goes on the more chance we have of not getting it over the line.
    Barlaser to Blackpool? If that's allowed to happen then we are basically surrendering before the end of the first month of the season as we certainly can't afford to replace everything Dan brings to this team on our Shoestring budget.
    I don't care if he got us a shiny new stadium, that was 10 years ago!
    Stop the sales spiel and put your money where your mouth is TS or get some outside investment to take us to the next level now!
    Sorry for the rant but I'm sick of the same scenario season on season.
    ChapelMiller, this surely has to be the most truthful statement to date from any fan. The thing is probably 99% of fans feel the same but dare not in reality admit this. Instead we have the back pedalers who post on prudent, cautious spending and back slapping of TS and a realistic fan gets the short thrift.

You’re right 10 years forward yet it’s like it’s all still brand new. Stewart’s insistence of not allowing outside investment is suffocating the progression of the club but who can get through to him to let investors in?

Another season with the same long playing record continues on repeat play. It’s Warne I feel for. Keeps delivering lord knows how and if he left at the end of the season I for one wouldn’t blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ChapelMiller, this surely has to be the most truthful statement to date from any fan. The thing is probably 99% of fans feel the same but dare not in reality admit this. Instead we have the back pedalers who post on prudent, cautious spending and back slapping of TS and a realistic fan gets the short thrift.

You’re right 10 years forward yet it’s like it’s all still brand new. Stewart’s insistence of not allowing outside investment is suffocating the progression of the club but who can get through to him to let investors in?

Another season with the same long playing record continues on repeat play. It’s Warne I feel for. Keeps delivering lord knows how and if he left at the end of the season I for one wouldn’t blame him.
    What he does makes sense but what he says is cringeworthy at times. There are still some unanswered questions but they'll stay that way I suppose.

Think Stewart is trying to sell the club( i have heard of interest from Sweden and USA) but is probably being too greedy. I am worried he will sell our major assets and then sell the club. Goodwill doesn't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Think Stewart is trying to sell the club( i have heard of interest from Sweden and USA) but is probably being too greedy. I am worried he will sell our major assets and then sell the club. Goodwill doesn't last forever.
    I suppose he is the owner and can do what he wants with the players. Be a bad way to part company if he goes down that line if true, personally I thank he's a man of more integrity than to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I suppose he is the owner and can do what he wants with the players. Be a bad way to part company if he goes down that line if true, personally I thank he's a man of more integrity than to do that.
    I think that after he's tried to rally more support and it failed, he has to keep face with what a lot want to hear. eg, extending the Family stand, now talking about staying up and pushing on to the promised land....again. If we go down i think PW will say that's it and leave. That would leave TS bailing the ship out with an egg cup.
    We need outside investment now, it'll be too late if we go down.

By eck there's some pessimists on here. Win our game in hand 2-0 and we're in the automatic promotion places

I have never met TS, but my sister has on many occasions. She set up the the original meeting up between Stone Hull and TS.She told me TS was a typical yorkshire business man, who ,if he could, would spend 19p instead of 20.I think TS,is already thinking when(if)we get relegated, we are still guarenteed 7-10 million from this season.
    Admittedely overspending can kill a club quickly, under investment just takes longer.

Page 132 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast