+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 125 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

We have to try and improve him somehow.

Remember Alan Lee, Kieffer Moore and Michael Smith? Yes, no one had heard of these either...........

Can we just give the lad some encouragement, least have a word after 10-15 games eh?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Out of everyone who is available and realistically within our budget (so obviously not Mitrovic ) who would we class as a marquee signing? Cole Stockton? Apart from one season he's never really done much so who else is there?
    First question is perfect. Would love to hear who the cynical brigade actually expect us to get. This mythical 30 goal striker for 50p a week that the rest of the footballing world hasn't noticed.

Why do we need a marquee signing? I'd much rather we assembled a talented, flexible, competitive squad that has a good chance of keeping us in the Championship.
    As a matter of fact, I think that's what the manager and recruitment team are trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Why do we need a marquee signing? I'd much rather we assembled a talented, flexible, competitive squad that has a good chance of keeping us in the Championship.
    As a matter of fact, I think that's what the manager and recruitment team are trying to do.
    Plus the “ethic” of Warne’s way is to have a set of players of similar capabilities, with no place for a “ Billy big boots”

Effectively signing players like himself and Barker when they were both playing

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    First question is perfect. Would love to hear who the cynical brigade actually expect us to get. This mythical 30 goal striker for 50p a week that the rest of the footballing world hasn't noticed.
    You know the imminent signing will come down to how much % TS is willing to pay on wages. The player concerned has said he wants to come to RUFC so it's down to the two clubs to come to a suitable figure that both agree on. A bit of compromise from both clubs would help. Expecting a signing Monday onwards, perhaps for Thursday. ( media day)

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Plus the “ethic” of Warne’s way is to have a set of players of similar capabilities, with no place for a “ Billy big boots”

Effectively signing players like himself and Barker when they were both playing
    You could add PW also prefers some players that are versatile and can play different positions, we've got quite a few of that description already.

^^^^^ Well said^^^^^. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I hope that if we somehow find another Kieffer Moore the management handle the situation better because if I remember he was on loan to us, so when hed slotted in a couple of goal we should have put an offer into Ipswich then and not waited for the Jan transfer window, when surprise surprise we got out bid. Who could have predicted that ??

Exactly. It's the whole team/ squad that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    I hope that if we somehow find another Kieffer Moore the management handle the situation better because if I remember he was on loan to us, so when hed slotted in a couple of goal we should have put an offer into Ipswich then and not waited for the Jan transfer window, when surprise surprise we got out bid. Who could have predicted that ??
    Moore will be 30 on Monday and will receive his ceremonious "Passed Gru's Sell By Date" stamp

Seriously though his better than 1 in 3 scoring record is pretty impressive and seems to be getting better the higher up the football ladder he goes (5 in 5 for Bournemouth). I'm not actually sure we got outbid for him, rather he chose Barnsley as at the time he saw it as a step up in level. Just goes to show though, Ipswich paid 10K for him and Bournemeouth reportedly 5M which will seem like a bargain if he keeps on doing what he did today.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 06-08-2022 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Moore will be 30 on Monday and will receive his ceremonious "Passed Gru's Sell By Date" stamp

Seriously though his better than 1 in 3 scoring record is pretty impressive and seems to be getting better the higher up the football ladder he goes (5 in 5 for Bournemouth). I'm not actually sure we got outbid for him, rather he chose Barnsley as at the time he saw it as a step up in level. Just goes to show though, Ipswich paid 10K for him and Bournemeouth reportedly 5M which will seem like a bargain if he keeps on doing what he did today.
    I remember Kieffer saying it had always been his childhood dream to play for the mighty Barnsley :
    Last edited by CAMiller; 06-08-2022 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    I remember Kieffer saying it had always been his childhood dream to play for the mighty Barnsley :
    Yep some kids do have funny dreams

Page 125 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast