+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same old story-too many wasted chances

Same old story-too many wasted chances

First half and we simply cannot put the ball in the back of the net.Loads of chances.Mcneil one on one 2 yards out and plays it straight into the keepers arms.Villa had two chances and put them both away-one another deflected goal off Tarks.

Crushing defeat in the end and we have lost Tarks to injury.Second half was woeful.Judging by that performance,I cannot see us getting any more points from our last 3 games.
    For me the starting eleven was puzzling with Barnes instead of Vydra.

Back to firing blanks, a very disheartening defeat.

Did Jackson get the starting line up wrong ? He’ll earn his money in the next couple of weeks that’s for certain .

That sinking feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That sinking feeling...
    You cannot spurn chances like the one Mcneil missed in the first half in the PL and expect to win games.

I am sorry but that was awful. I have no expectations with this team but today they fell into the minus category there were too many players not at the races. Weghorst is just not good enough for 6' 5" plus he must be the worst header of a ball I have seen he is not even a nuisance on the pitch and contributes nothing game after game. Taylor was shocking today he didnt look interested and did little but give the ball away. For me we should keep Barnes up front and have Cornet and Vydra feeding either side. On this showing we are going to be relagated, but that doesn't bother me except the powers that be will think the squad does not neeed changing - either way we need a complete new front line.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    I am sorry but that was awful. I have no expectations with this team but today they fell into the minus category there were too many players not at the races. Weghorst is just not good enough for 6' 5" plus he must be the worst header of a ball I have seen he is not even a nuisance on the pitch and contributes nothing game after game. Taylor was shocking today he didnt look interested and did little but give the ball away. For me we should keep Barnes up front and have Cornet and Vydra feeding either side. On this showing we are going to be relagated, but that doesn't bother me except the powers that be will think the squad does not neeed changing - either way we need a complete new front line.
    Cant agree more Lancaster-Weghorst is a waste of space.Giving Jayrod a contract extension after the season he has had just about sums up the ambition of the owners.They must be skint.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 07-05-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    I agree, but the problem is they are skint and if we go down the clubs finances will melt down due to the loans etc the owners owe. How the hell are they going to spend on new players when the cupboard is bare??? Very worrying to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Cant agree more Lancaster-Weghorst is a waste of space.Giving Jayrod a contract extension after the season he has had just about sums up the ambition of the owners.They must be skint.
    I don’t knOw what happend to Vydra as wasn’t sub either , but Barnes was blowing out of his arse after 10 mins he offers nothing.

I disagree with weghorst I think he’ll be fine if we can get him In Front of goal instead of helping the team out at the edge of our box.

Today was woeful we are so exposed with no pace - their full backs were quicker than our entire team, our confidence went when they let Ings dance through and finish easily the next one no one came on the overlap with their full back everyone just looked as if it’s someone else’s job.

I’m afraid Wacko Jacko got found out today , the honeymoon is over and he didn’t have any answers - Barnes was a no no from the start for me at least cornet has pace to trouble teams if he gets the opportunity.

Where is the youth ? Two
    On bench today didn’t get a look in again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)