+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fgr

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Style won't win this league. For IB, the next 3 possible games will show us if he can deliver. I doubt it.
    I too doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    That's basically true. I don't think the owners will have been as prescriptive about playing style as some fans suggest, because I don't think they're the type to interfere and micromanage what a coach does day-to-day, but I think they have an overall identity in mind of a good passing team that plays attacking football, and they'll prioritise coaches whose ethos broadly fits that category.

I must say, I find it slightly surprising that IB seems to be quite so high on the wanted list of clubs higher up. Yes, he's a young, enthusiastic coach whose teams can play some great football when they're at their best, but he hasn't actually won anything yet. I suspect his apparent 'blue-eyed' boy status owes something to the fact that he plays a brand of football that is currently very much in fashion, but I'm yet to be entirely convinced that it isn't more style over substance.

The biggest disappoint for me, if he leaves, is that we won't get to see whether he is capable of recognising what was missing from his team this season and putting it right next season. We're sort of a third or at most mid-way through the Burchnall 'project' in my eyes, and while his report card to date is generally positive, he's still got to show he's got what it takes to be a trophy/promotion winner.
    I agree about the owners and as I’ve said on here many times good owners should be like good referees not seen and not heard as it’s not about them. It’s the old analogy of don’t get a dog and bark yourself. I don’t for one moment think our owners are the interfering type at all so to speak. Setting a philosophy or identity is completely different to micromanaging as you mentioned. Likewise with the stats they will be provided as an aid an additional string to the bow to help the coaches and recruitment team.

I will stand corrected but was IB given a four year contract? So essentially three complete seasons at least as he came in in March 2021. It would be a shame if he did leave now as you say it would be interesting to see if he could make those additions and changes where we were short I.e away from home to make us a title challenging side. Perhaps the FGR or Lincoln owners if they have shown interest are looking for a manager who’s stock might not be as high as someone like Dave Challinor who might not be as expensive but would get compensation. It’s being shrewd in a business sense as someone like IB is young, has plenty of years to develop but is modern and plays a style that’s fashionable. With someone like FGR they seem a long term type of club as our old manager Mark Cooper was there for five years before leaving last year. So like us their managers might be part of a long term project hence their annoyance at losing their previous manager to Watford.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I imagine it’d be Doyle, knows the club….cheap…continuity. JOB as player coach.

Not sure what I’d make of it but that’s where my dosh would be.
    That would be a massive gamble. Internal appointments like that usually blow up in your face - think Gary Brazil, Chris Kiwomya. It hardly ever works.

That said, at least Doyle has strong leadership qualities and is likely to command a bit of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Can you elaborate or is it hush-hush?
    I've no idea who it is , only to be told there is a replacement lined up... But i suppose with all the uncertainty surrounding Burchnall, that is a good thing to have in your locker...

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That would be a massive gamble. Internal appointments like that usually blow up in your face - think Gary Brazil, Chris Kiwomya. It hardly ever works.

That said, at least Doyle has strong leadership qualities and is likely to command a bit of respect.
    Very much douby it would be Doyle, he doesn't fit the profile

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ayoffs-7115099

Doesn't sound like a man heading for the door

Forest Green is closing in on a new manager, according to chairman Dale Vince.

Speaking on his weekly Zerocarbonista podcast, he told broadcaster Ian Collins that Rovers have identified the man to replace Rob Edwards, who quit the League Two champions, joining Watford last week: “We have identified the person we would like to offer the job to and are waiting for permission from his club to talk to him.”

With the new League One season due to start on July 30th, Vince insisted his club needed to act swiftly, he added: “We are taking a different approach because of our circumstance and the window to the new season has been shortened by the world cup this year, so we have less time to move, so we are going to have a quicker process.”

Vince admitted he had revealed a plethora of personal emails sent to his inbox: “I don’t know what the club has had, but I have had probably like half a dozen emails from all kinds of people that are interested in the job.”

So, a plethora equals 6 does it? Now I know, next time I use the word.

If we don’t get promoted and IB leaves it will be good bye to Wootton, Roberts & Rodrigues as well.
    If we get promoted and IB stays then unless R or R are prepared to extend their contracts then they will still go.
    The business model dictates that we have sell our better players on at some point.
    All in all another big shakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ayoffs-7115099

Doesn't sound like a man heading for the door
    Certainly doesn't but things can change quickly

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast