+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Fgr

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    No problem with the new manager promoting attractive football provided he recruits the nous to prevent the sorts of collapses we saw away from the Lane at Halifax, Chesterfield, Stockport, Torquay and Aldershot. Do that and I think we will be challenging for automatic promotion next season.
    Think you forgot Grimsby! And Woking.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I always laughed at predictions that said "We will struggle to get 2,000 in non-league", because I know Notts fans are made of much sterner stuff than that. Style of play isn't top of the list for many of us, just give us a club to support and we'll do it.
    The struggle to get 2,000 was clearly the most laughable and my favourite.

Any long established lower league side with a long history of ups and mainly downs naturally build up a fanbase, a hardcore that will watch come rain or shine. Many of us have been through enough with Notts not to be declaring that they will "no longer watch this dross" next season.

Al Davies was right with that famous quote. We won a lot of games and scored a lot of goals at home, and the continually impressive crowds reflected it.

If this wasn't a done deal before the Grimsby game, perhaps that "Eliminator Round" exit has encouraged the FGR owner to think again.
    Who wouldn't be having second thoughts about Burch after that display in a situation where tactical awareness and the ability to motivate, organise and manage is put to a proper test. I'd imagine that everybody learned a lot more about Burch on Monday night than in several months of run of the mill fixtures. The FGR owner will not be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If this wasn't a done deal before the Grimsby game, perhaps that "Eliminator Round" exit has encouraged the FGR owner to think again.
    Who wouldn't be having second thoughts about Burch after that display in a situation where tactical awareness and the ability to motivate, organise and manage is put to a proper test. I'd imagine that everybody learned a lot more about Burch on Monday night than in several months of run of the mill fixtures. The FGR owner will not be an exception.
    I see the possible departure of Burchnall in the same way as I see the definite departure of Lacey. Both of them had qualities to admire, but in my opinion both of them seem part of the problem.

The problem is style over substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I see the possible departure of Burchnall in the same way as I see the definite departure of Lacey. Both of them had qualities to admire, but in my opinion both of them seem part of the problem.

The problem is style over substance.
    Correct...

So Pete Wilde has left Halifax, either going to Barrow or Hartlepool, so we can count him out as any potential IB replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    So Pete Wilde has left Halifax, either going to Barrow or Hartlepool, so we can count him out as any potential IB replacement.
    Thought both got new managers in the season? Isn't tango man at Barrow?

Or to go FGR...

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Thought both got new managers in the season? Isn't tango man at Barrow?
    They both did around about February, but Graeme Lee got sacked by Hartlepool and Phil Brown was unable to agree terms with Barrow, so both managerial positions are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Or to go FGR...
    Potentially, I'm just going off of what I've read on Instagram. I for one would much rather live in rural Gloucestershire than Hartlepool.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast