+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fgr

[QUOTE=Chicken Balti Pie;40044624]https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ayoffs-7115099

Must have fed him bullshi t

all odds on next fgr manager seem to have been removed !!
    something imminent ?

Quote Originally Posted by DAZH View Post
    all odds on next fgr manager seem to have been removed !!
    something imminent ?
    Think IB is on his way. Not sure he has done anything to secure a career promotion but so be it. I hope whoever replaces him is someone who has experience of how best to master this league. I think if we can keep hold of CR & RR, find a decent replacement for KW and beef up the midfield and defence we will be ok to go again next season and, here’s hoping, it will be a successful one.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Think IB is on his way. Not sure he has done anything to secure a career promotion but so be it. I hope whoever replaces him is someone who has experience of how best to master this league. I think if we can keep hold of CR & RR, find a decent replacement for KW and beef up the midfield and defence we will be ok to go again next season and, here’s hoping, it will be a successful one.
    The average gate this past season will probably persuade the owners to go with an IB clone. I expect they will have convinced themselves that what they've done so far in implementing their plan has worked - that their favoured style of football (presumably the style F.C. Copenhagen had the most success with when they were growing up) is bringing the fans flocking back to ML following the despair of relegation under Hardy and that the only thing left to do now is to improve the results by just a small percentage in order to achieve promotion.

They could be right. Maybe the non-hardcore fans who are swelling the gates way beyond what you'd expect for this level are doing so because they love the style of football and have complete faith in the owners. There's clearly a very significant percentage of regulars on here however who do not feel that way and seeing that we're facing yet another season in tier 5 and having lived through what's worked for Notts and what hasn't in the past, I'm inclined to believe that the doubters are right and that the owners will have to learn the hard way, if promotion is the priority and not match day revenue. No guarantee the gates will hold up indefinitely at this level either.

Of course there is no guarantee that the gates will hold up if we continue to tread water as a failed playoff side but play attractive football the gates will slowly erode for certain. But that is very different to the annual predictions of drastic drops in home support since relegation to the NL was confirmed. It just hasn't happened, not even close tbh.

As has been mentioned by a few previously play good passing football, score plenty of goals, win lots of games all at home and people will pay to see it.

[QUOTE=upthemaggies;40046719]The average gate this past season will probably persuade the owners to go with an IB clone. I expect they will have convinced themselves that what they've done so far in implementing their plan has worked - that their favoured style of football (presumably the style F.C. Copenhagen had the most success with when they were growing up) is bringing the fans flocking back to ML following the despair of relegation under Hardy and that the only thing left to do now is to improve the results by just a small percentage in order to achieve promotion.

I generally only make an annual pilgrimage to ML so I am sure there are others best placed to comment, but if you are right with the above statement then I fear our stay in the NL will continue for some time to come. The game I saw was, no doubt, entertaining, but it was apparent to me that Notts needed to have some battlers to augment the undoubted talent that was already there. IB’s answer in the games that followed was to bring in Frank Vincent which seemed to work quite well to begin with, but Frank finished the season out of the team and, clearly, out of favour. Unless there is some valid reason for his continued absence I hope the new manager, in addition to doing what I said in my previous post, gives him another chance. No problem with the new manager promoting attractive football provided he recruits the nous to prevent the sorts of collapses we saw away from the Lane at Halifax, Chesterfield, Stockport, Torquay and Aldershot. Do that and I think we will be challenging for automatic promotion next season.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Think IB is on his way. Not sure he has done anything to secure a career promotion but so be it.
    I think IB is benefitting from being the type of manager 'in fashion' at this moment. It's the current fad where lots of clubs are beguiled by having their own version of Guardiola. I don't bear him any ill will and I was ready to see what he had learnt from this season, but if he's off then so be it.

There was just a hint of an attitude from him in recent weeks where he didn't particularly like fans questioning his style of play, but frankly it was justified. The facts are that he's not yet won anything, and it was frustrating at times to watch a team that seemed more bothered about playing a certain style than actually getting results.

If IB thought that anything other than winning and getting promotion mattered, then it shows a bit of naivety.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Of course there is no guarantee that the gates will hold up if we continue to tread water as a failed playoff side but play attractive football the gates will slowly erode for certain. But that is very different to the annual predictions of drastic drops in home support since relegation to the NL was confirmed. It just hasn't happened, not even close tbh.
    I always laughed at predictions that said "We will struggle to get 2,000 in non-league", because I know Notts fans are made of much sterner stuff than that. Style of play isn't top of the list for many of us, just give us a club to support and we'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I always laughed at predictions that said "We will struggle to get 2,000 in non-league", because I know Notts fans are made of much sterner stuff than that. Style of play isn't top of the list for many of us, just give us a club to support and we'll do it.
    To quote Al Davis: "Just win, baby!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Give us a club that looks like it could well be in the shakedown for automatic, and even more will do it.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast