+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Congratulations United. Back in Europe

Well done to Tam, the coaches, the players and all at the club. And especially the Arabs whose support this season has been superb.

It’s been a difficult watch at times this season however United in Europe, can’t argue with that, Fekin Superb.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Realistically you think we only need a point on Saturday for 4th - you’d think Celtic will take care of Motherwell on Saturday on their day of Terroris.., sorry, ‘Title’ Celebration. But it would be nice to sign off on a win against a now unmotivated Coonty with a massive travelling support in order to finish the league on a high. Critically however, for me 4th is massive, not only financially but also to finally allow the team a very well deserved, ‘proper, close season in a long, long time. No managerial merry go rounds. No back in time to play ludicrous league cup games at the beginning of July. In other words a proper ‘rest’ to allow recovery and more time for planning and recruitment moving forward which surely can only help in the long term. And who knows, maybe for the first time in forever a proper pre season friendly against decent English opposition (when did that last happen???).

The Baldy Snake set the Club back further than I think a lot of punters really appreciate and recovery was always going to take the best part of 10 years. It’s a slog at times alright, I don’t doubt that, but taking it over the long term, the trend is undoubtedly upwards. Very well done to all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Realistically you think we only need a point on Saturday for 4th - you’d think Celtic will take care of Motherwell on Saturday on their day of Terroris.., sorry, ‘Title’ Celebration. But it would be nice to sign off on a win against a now unmotivated Coonty with a massive travelling support in order to finish the league on a high. Critically however, for me 4th is massive, not only financially but also to finally allow the team a very well deserved, ‘proper, close season in a long, long time. No managerial merry go rounds. No back in time to play ludicrous league cup games at the beginning of July. In other words a proper ‘rest’ to allow recovery and more time for planning and recruitment moving forward which surely can only help in the long term. And who knows, maybe for the first time in forever a proper pre season friendly against decent English opposition (when did that last happen???).

The Baldy Snake set the Club back further than I think a lot of punters really appreciate and recovery was always going to take the best part of 10 years. It’s a slog at times alright, I don’t doubt that, but taking it over the long term, the trend is undoubtedly upwards. Very well done to all concerned.

That's it, spot on

Nowhere near the end of our progression, I am not hung up about style of football as that's not why I support Utd, that will come in time when we have better players as we continue to improve, I've really enjoyed this season overall

Definitely more than any since first half of 14/15

Last season with no fans was a nightmare

Going in the right direction, young manager who has handled a pressure job well and will get better, got experience in changing room and a core to build on

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Going in the right direction, young manager who has handled a pressure job well and will get better, got experience in changing room and a core to build on
    Good points. I’m coming round to this, it’s not been easy at times this season at all. However there is definitely a core to build on here. Hopefully Tam has learned a lot, let’s face it he has been under massive pressure from day one but seems to have handled it well in the main.

Hoping for some good signings to add to the players who are good enough to stay at United. Next season could be something if this is all handled correctly and well.

Bring on Europe.

DUFC SRYB

I am hoping that a lot if learning has gone on...right from our youth players, our regulars now realising that there is competition for places, Tam, Tony and the owner realising where our gaps are and trying to get them filled ASAP. I said at the start of the season that I felt this was a transitional season and I stand by that. We have somehow come through a rollercoaster of a season and I would like to think that we have now got a good base to build on for moving forward. Momentum is key to our success and we need to make sure we build on this season. The football has been awful at times but there is so much room for improvement. This next transfer window is so ***** for us to get right. If we can make us an attacking team, we could really kick on. Hopefully with the offer of European football and extra funds, we can get these boys in really quickly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)