+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 thread!

Good deal, but another purchase would bugger up the P&J cut and paste paragraph on how the Dons have spent almost £1 million on the summer rebuild.

I've read that piece 1487 times so far, I think they squeezed it into an article on Union Terrace the other day.

Rose tinted specs available for the new season.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 09-07-2022 at 09:37 AM.

Good deal all round for everyone i think if young Lewis goes to Bologna. Our best player last season in my eyes. Decent money for him which I think will be reinvested.

oor captains wikipedia page ,if only the quote on signing was true :-)

Career
    Stewart came through Wycombe Wanderers's youth system and was awarded his first professional contract in 2011.

He made his Football League debut against Preston North End on 14 January 2012, playing the full match.[4] Following this he featured among the substitutes before getting his next appearance with a start away to Stevenage. He then followed this with a home debut in the 1–1 draw with Carlisle. His emergence as a first team player coincided with reported interested from fellow League One sides Charlton, Colchester and Stevenage.[5]

Stewart joined Crewe Alexandra on loan in November 2014.[6] In January 2015, he signed a short-term contract to the end of the season at Crewe, with Wycombe receiving a small fee.[7]

On 26 June 2015, having been released by Crewe at the end of the 2014–15 season, Stewart rejoined Wycombe Wanderers on a two-year deal.[8]

On 13 July 2020, Stewart scored the first goal for Wycombe Wanderers as they won the EFL League One playoff final against Oxford United at Wembley Stadium.[9]

On 22 June 2022, Stewart signed a pre-contract with Scottish Premier League club Aberdeen on a 2 year deal.[10]

Upon signing for the Aberdeen, he stated that he was looking forward to seeing the Glaswegian Ugly Sisters fighting for relegation.

On 8 July 2022, Aberdeen manager Jim Goodwin announced that Stewart would serve as the club’s captain, taking over from club captain Joe Lewis, with teammate Ross McCrorie serving as vice captain.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Good deal all round for everyone i think if young Lewis goes to Bologna. Our best player last season in my eyes. Decent money for him which I think will be reinvested.
    give him 2 years and the dream transfer to brentford is on :-)

good luck to him though

Good move for Lewis (well done for not going to Them, like the press said was going to happen). Reasonable money, seems to have done things right, heart wasn't in it last season, but done ok. Small thing that bugs me though - why did Goodwin feel the need to say he was injured, and this was reason he's not been in the team. Did anyone believe this? I don't understand the need to lie.

I hope we've got a sell on clause like Ramsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Braintree Red View Post
    Good move for Lewis (well done for not going to Them, like the press said was going to happen). Reasonable money, seems to have done things right, heart wasn't in it last season, but done ok. Small thing that bugs me though - why did Goodwin feel the need to say he was injured, and this was reason he's not been in the team. Did anyone believe this? I don't understand the need to lie.
    Maybe he was ?

A 50% sell on please, as they try repeating the Hickey scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Braintree Red View Post
    He mentioned, as I recall, “not wanting to risk him” after he’d previously taken a sore one - that could mean different things, including protecting their player with a transfer imminent. It seems that that was likely at least one reason for him not playing and that decision probably came from the top. A lack of candour, in these instances, is fair enough as the Club presumably didn’t want to scupper an imminent deal. That’s around £7.5M in, so maybe a couple more £0.5M deals to look forward to before the window quietly and seamlessly shuts?!
    Last edited by Shetland Don; 10-07-2022 at 09:19 AM.

I think he’s made a good choice if that’s where he’s off to - it’s heartening to see that he hasn’t listened to his thick Uncle Barry and that more young players are realising that moving to places other than Glasgow is often a much better option. At least he’ll be able to experience some authentic Italian culture rather than walking down Sauchihall Street getting abuse from blootered opposition fans, invariably in the pouring rain.

Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast