+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 82 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 thread!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Also the rejects from the EPL academies, of which there are many, must be worth a shot too.

They never have been up till now.

A reject is a reject, no matter how high and mighty the club rejecting them is.

I'm hearing maybe another signing announcement today and if not I'm telling my source to f uck off 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    They never have been up till now.

A reject is a reject, no matter how high and mighty the club rejecting them is.
    Eh? So a player from the best academy in the country is deemed sh1te cos he can’t break into their first team, and gets rejected?

Nobody said s'hite.

But unlikely to be good enough to play for the Dons.

Christ, it's not like we haven't tried it before.

I don't know whether part of it is that their head is still with arsenal or whatever and they think they are too good to be at Pittodrie or whether they are just the "nearly" sort, whichever team they are almost part of.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 10-06-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Our first signing of the Summer earlier today and what 2 comments? Sad is this as P&B isn't great tbh & no way would I join afc chat. Anyway be good to hear from Ramadani in his first interview in a week ir 2.
    The Hat is just a cesspit just now. The ratio of good guy/Cnut used to be 60/40 but now it’s 20/80

Nobody said s'hite.

But unlikely to be good enough to play for the Dons.

Christ, it's not like we haven't tried it before.
    So your saying that any player binned from Citeh, Liverpool or ManU is unlikely to be good enough for the Famous?
    Sweeping comment, like
    It’s simple poor scouting, that had us ending up with that Citeh chump a few years back, or Alex Notman.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 10-06-2022 at 02:28 PM.

Are we going to start a list of absolute tossers we have had that nearly made it elsewhere.
    That could be a big list.

We have had players on loan from clubs in England who mostly turned out to be shyte, but I can't ever recollect us signing a young lad from England after he was released by his club.

The big clubs down their sign so much players they don't know what to do with them with many binned at a young age and nobody is going to ever convince me they are all shyte.

Of course they're not all s'hite.

But most will be players who peaked at the age of 13 or failed to make it for some other reason, like a reluctance to put in the work.

There players probably won't make it at Liverpool or Cowdenbeath.

Are we going to start a list of absolute tossers we have had that nearly made it elsewhere.
    That could be a big list.
    Barry Nicholson and Shay Logan did OK, Shinnie and Jess were at Deadco as bairns and got jettisoned.
    There's nae hard and fast, some that get dumped by bigger clubs come out like Charlie Big-Spuds and make fu ck all of it, some come out with an "I'll show them" heid and kick on.
    It's an art rather than a science, that one.
    Andy Robertson got binned by raselickbyrawaybutbigman, he's turned out arite.

Page 15 of 82 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast