+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The road to Prague

Antwerp drew 0-0 and now have to get a result in Kosovo.
    Basel 2-0 winners against Crusaders in Basel.
    CSKA Sofia 0-0 with the team from North Macedonia.

The pot 3 minnows putting a solid fight in round 1.

I’m booked to go to the Dam but I’d be delighted to get the Bosnian team in the next round. Gives us a great chance of getting through and then it’s only 1 team between us and the group stage 🧡🖤

AZ are playing at home v Bologna today and are 2nd favs by a bit against a team who were13th out of 20 in Serie A last season. Are we over-rating AZ?

It’s the gulf in standard of the leagues outside the gruesome twosome, so even if we are overrating them, their general level is still going to be better than us. Even the Bosnian side will I’m assuming be better technically.

Add to that right now we look miles away from being ready. You have obvious priorities needing addressed such as pace and getting in strikers who score goals. But honestly I think midfield/full backs could easily be improved. Without having seen any of our pre season, I’d be surprised if midfield at present is an upgrade on start of last season with Fuchs and levitt, and keeping possession important in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    AZ are playing at home v Bologna today and are 2nd favs by a bit against a team who were13th out of 20 in Serie A last season. Are we over-rating AZ?
    They're a decent team. Certainly no Ajax or PSV but usually always there or thereabouts for 3rd/4th. Celtic put them out a couple of years ago. Mid-season I'd have the fear of a whooping as they do go through spells of being very good once they get going. Still, highly doubt we'd beat them even at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    It’s the gulf in standard of the leagues outside the gruesome twosome, so even if we are overrating them, their general level is still going to be better than us. Even the Bosnian side will I’m assuming be better technically.

Add to that right now we look miles away from being ready. You have obvious priorities needing addressed such as pace and getting in strikers who score goals. But honestly I think midfield/full backs could easily be improved. Without having seen any of our pre season, I’d be surprised if midfield at present is an upgrade on start of last season with Fuchs and levitt, and keeping possession important in Europe.
    Agree with the above and it might as well be AZ we are playing because at least its easier for our supporters to attend that game.I still think its criminal that we are almost half a team light(The managers words not mine) with 6 days to go before our season starts.We could be out of europe,the league cup and in the bottom 6 before our squad is match fit and complete.

You would think with a massive amount up for grabs through reaching the euro group stage that signings would be happening apace but no its the same auld snail race at Tannadice.

AZ 1 up v Bologna with nearly an hour gone.

It finished 1-0 to AZ v Bologna but are the latter in the World Famous Class?,that is the 64,000 euro question troops.

If we could win against AZ/Tulsa does that mean we would be drawn against the same teams that were in our pot for this round. i.e. Berne/ crusaders, Antwerp etc?

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    If we could win against AZ/Tulsa does that mean we would be drawn against the same teams that were in our pot for this round. i.e. Berne/ crusaders, Antwerp etc?
    Sorry mate i had not even considered that scenario,with my pint pot completely empty i had us out at the third round qualifying stage.

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    No, we'll draw Livi away 😁

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)