+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup 22/23

Well, that’s what I meant really.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Well,looks like I can get away with pretending I'm abroad in Dumbarton. Peterhead will be like visiting some Latvian side. Kirkcaldy however,..hmmm?
    Just pretend we've been drawn away to Mariupol. Apologies to any Ukrainians who find that comparison offensive :-)

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Just pretend we've been drawn away to Mariupol. Apologies to any Ukrainians who find that comparison offensive :-)
    Do we have any Ukranian Dandies ?

Ach, Kirkcaldy is ok. If we get some decent weather , and it`s actually being played at Starks Park. ?

( Oh, look ,....Choo choo...... )

Now anyone want to weigh in about Stirling ?

1. Their furniture shop on Denmore Road is closed for a major refurb.
    2. I think the blessed Banffshire genius Eoin Jess’s last appearance for the Reds, before his transfer to Coventry was at their Forthbank Lego ground in the Cup in February 1996. We drank in Smiffy’s place before the match, but despite our repeated offers, The Coward Of Ibrox 1991 failed to appear to explain himself.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    1. Their furniture shop on Denmore Road is closed for a major refurb.
    2. I think the blessed Banffshire genius Eoin Jess’s last appearance for the Reds, before his transfer to Coventry was at their Forthbank Lego ground in the Cup in February 1996. We drank in Smiffy’s place before the match, but despite our repeated offers, The Coward Of Ibrox 1991 failed to appear to explain himself.
    Furniture store is closed , eh ? That`s a setback.

My only contact with Stirling Albion fans was early this season. I stopped on the way up the road in Laurencekirk for a black pudding supper. They were cooking to order ( affa fine chips ) So I went into the pub next to them to wait. To find it " full" of Albion fans on their way back from wherever. So there is at least one bus load of them that do the away days .

( Not much of a story really........it`s all i`ve got )

I trust that this Laurencekirk (in Kincardineshire/The Mearns) food palace is a chipper, and not a ****ing ‘chippy’?

Do we have any Ukranian Dandies ?

Ach, Kirkcaldy is ok. If we get some decent weather , and it`s actually being played at Starks Park. ?

( Oh, look ,....Choo choo...... )

I played a Petanque international in the Forthbank car park in approximately 2000? (memory has gone) No other tails of Stirling Albion

Are there pétanque wags or did you just spell tales wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I trust that this Laurencekirk (in Kincardineshire/The Mearns) food palace is a chipper, and not a ****ing ‘chippy’?
    Well if the raith game is in Kirkcaldy you’ll have to make do with the chippies. Nae a chipper will be found in fife. We do have the best though if you make it along to the. East nuek

I once saw Duncan Shearer score the winner at Stirling's lego grun.

It was for Inverness.
    I travelled for a day on the p1ss in a bus from my local.

Went to.....eeeehhhhhhhh...Smiffy's boozer post match.

Smiffy did appear this time, with Jimmy Nicholl.
    JN was Raith manager and Smiffy was his assistant, they'd come in for a post match beer.

They were both decent company, I was a gentleman and didn't mention THAT game, though I did reveal my Dandy credentials.

Smiffy lost me a bit......a lot.......when he opined that "they've appointed the right manager now".

This would've been not long after we appointed Alex Miller.........

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast