+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: So what lesson have been learned

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    But hes at a team that hes just got back into the football league..?
    The chance of him coming to notts or any none league club are a million to one they say...!!!..
    !

Hence the emoji

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    !

Hence the emoji
    I thought you were just spreading the love...xx💋

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    "We need a manager with previous success of getting out of this crap league."

Name that manager.....
    Matt Gray

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Matt Gray
    There seem to be a lot of good managers operating at small clubs in the London area of late!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I thought you were just spreading the love...xx💋
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Matt Gray
    well I certainly hope he's a better manager than his sister is at writing reports !!!!?

It's a Gray area!

Everything we need to learn, is in the last 35 minutes of the Grimsby match.

Both goals were conceded from headed knock backs into a crowded penalty area - Answer - more height.
    We are better on the ball, than off the ball. Answer - A fast, defensive midfielder.

Who I hear you ask. How about - Jayden Richardson?

I would look to improve

1. The goalkeeper
    2. Another Cameron type CB
    3. Richardson - try midfield.
    4. Two powerful strikers, who can hit barn doors.

We do need more height and physicality in the side, that's been obvious throughout the season.

On Monday it was a little ironic and very annoying that both goals came from headed knock backs as Town tried the deep corner and free kick routines all games. They had 12 corners in total and didn't we handled really well until the totally needless free kick that was given away by our youngster.

Persistence paid off for them with a little bit of luck thrown in as is often needed in those scenarios.

Not sure Richardson has the discipline and positional sense to play in central midfield but we've not had an effective central midfield for years! That has to be the first thing we sort out followed by a Wootton replacement once he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    We do need more height and physicality in the side, that's been obvious throughout the season.

On Monday it was a little ironic and very annoying that both goals came from headed knock backs as Town tried the deep corner and free kick routines all games. They had 12 corners in total and didn't we handled really well until the totally needless free kick that was given away by our youngster.

Persistence paid off for them with a little bit of luck thrown in as is often needed in those scenarios.

Not sure Richardson has the discipline and positional sense to play in central midfield but we've not had an effective central midfield for years! That has to be the first thing we sort out followed by a Wootton replacement once he leaves.
    If this has been said on here then please my apologies
    Why did rawlinson not come ionto the pitch to stop the aerial bombardment from set pieces..

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast