+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble in Germany

Trouble in Germany

Can’t these morons behave!! How do they get the money too?

A number of arrests in Munich on Monday night, along with repeated anti-German chants, and songs related to World War Two.

The arrests were related to alleged public order offences, including abusing German police, hitting a police officer, Nazi salutes and possession of a pyrotechnic in a hotel room.

The UK police described the disorder as primarily alcohol-fuelled anti-social behaviour rather than any widespread violence.

I know it's nowhere near as bad as the 70s and 80s but is it me or does the behaviour of too many football "fans" now seem to be slowly slipping back to the dick head mentality of yesteryear?

So much for the impact of taking the knee/ rainbow laces and all the other stuff that started out with the best intentions but have ended up being empty rhetoric/gestures. As for tonight's game, let's just hope the exhausted little loves have had a good couple of nights sleep so they are a bit more refreshed before they face those nasty Germans

First offence should see a passport confiscated for 10 years.

Second offence for 20 years.

Third offence for life.

It’s quite easily solved.

Christ, my son can’t get a driving job due to getting caught for the stupidity of smoking weed and driving 3 or 4 years ago.

Even though he gave up this evil stuff at the end of his one year driving ban his life is continually blighted by it.

Stuff like antisocial and violent behaviour should be visible every time a person goes for a job.

100% Mick

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    100% Mick
    In the same way you get your history checked before you can work with kids or the vulnerable I believe the same checks should be in place before a passport is issued WCV.

If you have been found guilty of any offence involving violence, criminal damage of public or private property, drug gangs and such like it should be impossible to hold a passport for an initial 10 year period since the last crime on your record.

It’d also help if a criminality check was necessary to be passed before any club issued a season ticket.

I know this doesn’t preclude people who pay on the day but if criminality was a reason for refusing club season ticket or club membership it would still a lot of the lowlife from getting easy tickets for games abroad and at away grounds.

I’m not interested in bowls of derision about civil liberties either.

I’ve lived for almost 61 years without a criminal record as have the vast majority of people and if you have nothing to fear then rules like the above are not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In the same way you get your history checked before you can work with kids or the vulnerable I believe the same checks should be in place before a passport is issued WCV.

If you have been found guilty of any offence involving violence, criminal damage of public or private property, drug gangs and such like it should be impossible to hold a passport for an initial 10 year period since the last crime on your record.

It’d also help if a criminality check was necessary to be passed before any club issued a season ticket.

I know this doesn’t preclude people who pay on the day but if criminality was a reason for refusing club season ticket or club membership it would still a lot of the lowlife from getting easy tickets for games abroad and at away grounds.

I’m not interested in bowls of derision about civil liberties either.

I’ve lived for almost 61 years without a criminal record as have the vast majority of people and if you have nothing to fear then rules like the above are not a problem.
    This has always been my philosophy, if you've nothing to hide, then what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    This has always been my philosophy, if you've nothing to hide, then what's the problem?
    If you have nothing to hide.....?
    The problem is the law is not properly enforced as it stands.
    And having nothing to hide is not (for me) a good enough reason to bring out even more laws to curtail freedom.
    Government can issue laws in an emergency like back in 9/11 2001.
    Never recinded all those "temporary laws"
    Ban someone if need be but after a warning.....
    Police spraying tear gas recently would have you believe the Liverpool fans were rioting.
    They were not. They were following the rules. I don't trust governments with my money and I certainly don't trust them on civil liberties.... They have proven to interpret these laws depending on who is under suspicion...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    If you have nothing to hide.....?
    The problem is the law is not properly enforced as it stands.
    And having nothing to hide is not (for me) a good enough reason to bring out even more laws to curtail freedom.
    Government can issue laws in an emergency like back in 9/11 2001.
    Never recinded all those "temporary laws"
    Ban someone if need be but after a warning.....
    Police spraying tear gas recently would have you believe the Liverpool fans were rioting.
    They were not. They were following the rules. I don't trust governments with my money and I certainly don't trust them on civil liberties.... They have proven to interpret these laws depending on who is under suspicion...
    Speaking as someone who has been wrongfully arrested and taken to court in this country on the basis of 'inaccurate accounts' of events I can't help but agree.

By a strange coincidence I and several mates were arrested in Germany some years ago as part of a police area sweep following earlier reports of vandalism to cars and private property.

Apparently we'd been followed and observed by officers smashing up a quiet road. Only we hadn't because we weren't even there at the time......

Let me be clear, I’m not a fan of the police in general but we’re talking about something different here.

Due to the nature of humans as a species there will always be bad people in policing and in the judicial system but......

The majority of people who end up with convictions are guilty.

Let’s be honest about this, most of us who support a club know of fans of our club who are loose cannons and troublemakers.

It’s like anything in life, a few innocent always get caught unfairly in the actions of the many who cause the trouble.

I still maintain it’s not difficult to identify and block the perennial idiots.

If you’ve been done once for antisocial behaviour or violence there’s a very slim possibility you might actually be innocent and you’ve been “fitted up” by another person or the police.

If you’ve got multiple blots on your copybook this isn’t going to be ongoing targeting by police, it’s going to be because you’re a nasty t w a t.

Technology these days makes the likelihood of mistaken identity or a fit-up small at worst, easy to place someone at the scene based on their phone location & CCTV. The behaviour of these idiots puts off Dad's taking their children to watch their team, a geordie fella I was chatting to recently who goes to away games said he wouldn't take his due to the rampant drug taking and antisocial behaviour that goes with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)